- 1 package packet filo pastry, pack
- spray olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- 2 spring onions
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 Lemongrass stalk
- 1 red chilli
- 1 green chilli
- 1/3 cup Coriander Leaves
- 1/3 cup Mint Leaves
- 300 g chicken, fillets chopped into 2cm chunks
- Red Chillies, sliced to garnish
- coriander, leaves only to garnish
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C (170 degrees if fan forced).
Spray 24 cup mini muffin tin with spray oil.
Separate filo pastry and cut into circles using a 7.5cm round cookie cutter.
Place into muffin tray to create cup shape..
Spray top of wrappers with more oil, place in pre-heated oven and bake for around 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and leave to cool on rack and repeat to create 48 crispy cups.
Place the lime juice, fish sauce and raw sugar into Thermomix bowl and blend 5 sec/speed 3. Set aside
Place lemongrass into Themomix bowl and chop 10 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add onions, chillies, coriander and mint into Thermomix bowl and chop for 3-5 sec/speed 5. Set aside
Place 500ml of water into Thermomix bowl, place chicken into rice basket and steam for 15 min/Varoma/speed 2. Check to ensure chicken has cooked all the way through – if not stir with spatula and cook for few more minutes on Varoma temp at speed 2.
When chicken is cooked through empty water from bowl, remove chicken from rice basket and place in mixing bowl bowl. Add herb/spice mix and mince chicken 1sec/Turbo 2-3 times.
Add sauce and stir through in 5 sec//speed 3.
Spoon 1 teaspoon mixture into wonton cups, decorate with coriander leaf and slice of red chilli, serve immediately and watch how quickly they disappear.
Cut the lemongrass into rings before chopping if you want to avoid having long threads.
It is important to 'balance' the sauce. The recipe is a guide but important to note that saltiness can vary between brands of fish sauce and lime juice can vary in acidity level.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gazpacho Andaluz (like Mama makes)
- Zucchini Cheesy 'Bread'
- Kumara & Feta Bliss Balls
- ThermoMonts Zucchini Croquettes
- Gunnadoo raw Muesli
- Seaweed Wrapped Dim Sims (GF)
- Curry Puffs
- Dolmades (Stuffed Vine Leaves)
- soft cheese
- Chicken Spinach Feta Triangles
- Chicken Bites
- Shredded Chicken with Mayonnaise & Chives
- Chicken & sweet corn soup
- Chicken Croquettes (like Mama makes)
- Creole Style Jambalaya
- Autumn Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Risotto
- Chicken in Peanut Sauce
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- Chicken and Bacon Creamy Sauce - Dairy Free
- Chicken Enchilada Quinoa
- Broccoli and Lemon Soup topped with Goats Feta and Seeds
- Mum's Curried Chicken
- Steamed chicken breast, fresh ground polenta, pumpkin foam