- 1 batch EDC Basic Bread
- 2 tbsp Black Sesame Seeds
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 650 g chicken breast, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp Thai Green Curry Paste, (home made of course!)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 lime, zest &amp; juice
- 1 large handful coriander leaves
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
- baby Asian salad leaves
Prepare bread as per EDC recipe. Once the bread has risen, shape into about 40 mini rolls - about the size of a 20 cent piece - and place onto baking tray. Leave them for another 20 minutes or so to prove again.
Brush mini rolls with the beaten egg and sprinkle the black sesame seeds on top.
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
Peel zest from lime. Add to TM bowl with the Kaffir leaves. Mill 20 seconds, speed 8.
Add the chopped chicken breast, egg, curry paste, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice and coriander leaves, then mince on Turbo, 1 second, approx 4 times. Keep an eye on the texture, so you dont over process! Similarly, you dont want it too chunky either.
Put chicken mixture aside, and add 1000mL of water to TM bowl. (No need to rinse).
Using wet hands, form chicken mixture into small patties (to fit your bread rolls) and place into Varoma Tray and Dish. You won't fit all the patties into the Varoma at once, so you will need to do two batches.
Steam for 17 minutes, Varoma, speed 2-3. Check them to make sure they are cooked through & steam a little longer if necessary.
Combine mayonnaise and sweet chilli sauce. Change the mayo & sweet chilli ratio to suit your taste!
To assemble your burgers, cut each roll in half, place some salad greens on the base of each roll, followed by the chicken cake, then top with the sweet chilli mayo and the bread half.
Mini Bread Rolls
Thai Chicken Cakes
Sweet Chilli Mayo
Accessories you need
These Thai Chicken Cakes taste great cold too. If you dont have 40 people to feed at a party - they work just as well as larger burgers for dinner. Adjust the cooking times accordingly
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheese Bread Sticks
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- American Self Rising Biscuits (scones)
- Capsicum, Tomato and Chilli Chutney
- Cocktail Meatballs Spicy and Delicious
- Chilli and lime cashews
- Sour Cream Cherry Slice
- Gluten Free Nutella and Peacan Biscuits
- Beetroot and Orange Spiced Chutney
- Savoury Streusel Muffins
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- Banana Bread
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- Pot set yoghurt
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Janine's Rez B Haleeb (Rice Pudding)
- Caramilk Cheesecake
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Banana and white chocolate brownies
- Turkish simit