- 50 grams Butter
- 2 onions (medium), Chopped roughly
- 2 cloves garlic fresh
- 500 grams chicken livers, Cleaned and trimmed
- 3 slices streaky bacon, cured, Chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 sprig rosemary leaves, Fresh
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 level tablespoons brandy, Or Cointreau
- salt flakes to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Prepare chicken livers by cutting off any greenish bits and the connective threads. Chop roughly and set aside. Heat butterin TM bowl then add onion and garlic. Chop finely on speed 8 for five seconds. Scrape down sides and repeat 3-4 seconds. Cook onion on varoma heat speed 3 for 4 minutes. Add livers and bacon and cook for six minutes same settings. Add the rest of the ingredients and continue to cook until all liquid has cooked off. Time will depend on how much juices were in livers. Remove bay leaves and process until smooth speed 9. Spoon into a bowl and serve with Melba toasts. If made ahead of time press into a shallow dish and cover with melted butter. Very decadent but will stop discoloration due to pâté coming in contact with air.
Will keep for up to 3 days in fridge. Use brandy not cherry brandy essence. It changed automatically on being published. Really annoying when that happens.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken and (hidden) vegetable nuggets
- Protein Balls (Nut Free)
- Croquettes of Chicken
- Corn and Cheese Balls
- Salmon Salsa Stack
- Pork liver parfait - Danielle Dixon
- Thai Chicken Balls
- Gazpacho Andaluz (like Mama makes)
- Zucchini Cheesy 'Bread'
- Kumara & Feta Bliss Balls
- ThermoMonts Zucchini Croquettes
- Gunnadoo raw Muesli
- Fruit Crumble Muffins
- Zesty ginger oat & coconut crunch
- Snickers Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Chai Doughnuts
- Sticky Date Cake by Thermovic
- Linda's Mum's Lemon Jelly Cake
- Raspberry Friands
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Coles Magazine Ham & 3-Cheese Muffins Converted recipe
- Tuna Risotto
- Keto Peanut butter Fudge
- Strawberry Irish Cream Liqueur (Faux Strawberries and Cream Bailey's)