- 50 g spring onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 package Nori Seaweed Sheets
- 500 g water
- 1 level tablespoon Chili paste
- 2 level tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 level tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 level tablespoons water
- 1 level teaspoon roasted Sesame Seeds
- 1 heaped tablespoon Corrianda leaves
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1.Place carrot into mixing bowl and chop 5sec/speed 6. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside
Place corrianda roots and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3sec/speed 6.
3. Add pork belly and prawns into mixing bowl and chop 6 sec/speed5
4. Add chopped carrot, spring onions, sesame oil, soy sauce, baking soda, pepper and raw sugar into mixing bowl and mix for 1min/speed 2.5
5. Divide the filling into 5 portions. Line the seaweed on the sushi mat. Smooth side of the seaweed down. With damp hands, grab a portion of the filling and spread accross the seaweed from one edge to the other. Leave about 1cm of space on the seaweed. Tuck your thumbs underneath the mat and place your fingers on the opposite side of the filling. Then roll the mat and seaweed towards your fingers and apply pressure. Grip the mat and continue to pull it away from you and finish the rolling process. Tuck both end in make sure there's no filling sticking out.
6. Put in the fridge for an hour to set.
7. Clean and dry mixing bowl. Put all the Spicy Tomato Sauce ingredients into the bowl 2min/100°C/speed1. Transfer to a dipping sauce bowl.
8. After an hour, take the rolls out of the fridge and cut into 1-2 cm slices. Garnish with prawn meat or green peas. Arrange the dim sims with a little space between them into veroma tray.
9. Place water into mixing bowl, place Veroma into position, secure Veroma lid and steam for 15min/Veroma/speed1.
10. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds and corrianda on top of the sauce before serving.
I found it's easier to slice the roll when it's a bit frozen on the outside. So you can pop them into the freezer instead of the fridge to rest. If the dim sims are a bit frozen, you have to increase the steaming time on Veroma.
Other dipping sauce variations are balsamic glaze or light soy sauce with a few drops of vinegar.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.