- 100 g Tasty cheese, cubed
- 1 sheet store bought short crust pastry or quantity of EDC
- 2 spring onions, sliced, roughly chopped
- 2 ham steaks (approx 200g), quartered
- 4 eggs
- 230 g Tub Mascarpone cheese
- 50 g Milk
- 20 g Butter, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 50 g Chargrilled capsicum, (from jar)
- Salt & pepper to taste
Recipe is created for
Defrost sheet of pastry or make the short crust pastry from the Every Day Cookbook.
Place cubed cheese in TM bowl and grate for 9 seconds on speed 3. Set aside.
Place spring onion and ham steaks in TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down the sides and chop for another 1-2 seconds if required. Add butter then sauté for 5 minutes , 100oC "Counter-clockwise operation" "Gentle stir setting"
While ingredients sauté, fit pastry in greased quiche dish. Blind bake for 5-10 minutes if desired for crispier base.
To ham steaks and spring onion in TM bowl, add grated cheese, mascarpone, milk, mustard, eggs, chargrilled capsicum and salt & pepper to taste. Mix for 10 seconds "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 3.
Pour into prepared pastry shell and cook for 45 mins at 180oC or until golden brown.
Accessories you need
Quiche is one of my cooking staples! I've been meaning to add my recipe to the community for a long time because it is so easy to adapt!
No mascarpone cheese, use 300ml thickened cream and leave out the milk.
No ham steak, use bacon or prosciutto
Don't like chargrilled capsicum? Add sliced mushrooms or chopped fresh asparagus when sautéing ham & spring onions or add tin of asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes, handful of baby spinach, sliced baby zucchini, frozen peas or halved cherry tomatoes at the same time you're mixing all ingredients together.
A couple of tablespoons of basil pesto or sun-dried tomato can really add to the flavours or try whole grain mustard instead of Dijon...
HERBS - why not throw in some parsley, basil or thyme when you're grating your cheese to be mixed in later.
The lists are endless - what did you try?
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Peasy Chocolate Cookies
- Thai pork with eggplant
- Chicken pot pie
- Creamy Chicken Macaroni
- Gluten free zucchini slice
- Frozen Choc Bliss Bar
- Mascarpone and Herb Tart with Roasted Capsicum
- Roast Pumpkin with Fruity Rice
- Lemon Chicken Stirfry
- Donna Hay's Ultimate One Bowl Chocolate Dessert Cake
- Walnut, Feta and Quinoa Salad
- Two Tone (Chocolate/Hazelnut) Christmas Shortbread
- Satay Chicken
- Cob Loaf - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Spinach and Cheese Pie
- Egg Free Caramel Custard - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- No Roll Scones - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Eggless Cupcakes - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Beef Massaman Curry
- Egg Free Mini Quiches
- Egg Free Brioche
- Roti Boy
- Gourmet crackers
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls