- 150 grams wholemeal plain flour
- 75 grams Butter
- 50 grams water
- 1 pinch salt
- 20 grams Butter
- 10 grams olive oil
- 2 leeks, white part only
- 1 large onion, diced
- 10 grams balsamic vinegar
- 10 grams brown sugar
- 30 grams water
- 4 eggs
- 300 grams thickened cream
- 1 Handful chopped parsley
- 1 pinch salt & pepper
- Grated Tasty Cheese, (optional)
1h 0minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1) Mix pastry ingredients on speed 4 for 10 seconds.
2) Roll onto Thermomat and refridgerate until needed.
3) Roll out into 0.5 cm thickness, poke a couple of holes into base and blind bake for 15 minutes at 180 degrees celsius fan forced.
1) Saute leek and onion with butter and oil for 6.5 minutes on reverse, speed 0.5.
2) Add vinegar, sugar and water and continue to cook for 3 minutes/reverse/speed 0.5 with MC off to help aid evaporation. If there's still too much liquid add mixing bowl contents into small frypan on med-high heat to reduce the liquid and caramelise the leek and onion until it is semi dry (similar to a jam). Set aside.
1) Mix quiche ingredients on speed 4 for 10 seconds.
Spread the caramelised leek and onion over the base of pastry and then pour the quiche mixture over. Bake at 180 degrees celsius fan forced for 30 mins.
You can also sprinkle a bit of grated cheese on top of the quiche during the last 10 minutes of baking.
SHORTCRUST PASTRY (wholemeal)
CARAMELISED LEEK & ONION
The husband requested I add bacon, so I sprinkled bacon pieces on top of the leek and onion jam and then poured over the quiche mixture.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Broccoli cheese bites
- FAILSAFE PIZZA POCKETS
- Jalapeño Corn Bread
- Pie Maker Gluten Free Roast Meat Fritter
- Bacon & Cheese Rolls - Mixquisite
- Savoury Mini Muffins
- Zuchinni, rice slice
- GF DF Savoury Muffins
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Tasty Tofu Patties
- Zucchini Slice - paleo, keto, gluten free
- Cranberry & Prosciutto Stuffing Cups
- Red Duck Curry with Lychees
- Annabel Karmel's Chicken with Apricots by Domestic Thermominx
- Raw Cacao Balls by Domestic Thermominx
- Easy Peasy Vanilla Cupcakes by Domestic Thermominx
- Chocolate Mudcake by Domestic Thermominx
- APPLE CINNAMON OAT MUFFINS by Domestic Thermominx
- Lamb and Vege Puree by Domestic ThermoMinx
- Prawn Omelette by Domestic ThermoMinx
- Ceasar Salad Dressing by Domestic ThermoMinx
- Soufra by Domestic ThermoMinx
- Cinnamon Apple Pie with Sour Cream Pastry
- Baked Tasty Cheesy Meatballs
- Marinara Sauce
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Bulletproof Coffee
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Zucchini Donuts
- Pate au Pistou
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake