THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Medium Carrot
- Half large onion
- 3-4 cauliflower florets
- 1 sprig rosemary, Fresh, leaves only
- 3-4 sage leaves, Fresh
- 40 grams Milk, Plus extra for brushing
- 2.5 heaped tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 heaped teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon plain flour, See tips
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 250 grams Cooked chicken, sliced or shredded, See tips
- 150 grams sliced mushrooms
- 100 grams Grated tasty or parmesan cheese
- Approx.300 grams Pastry of choice, See tips
- cooking spray, Lightly grease pie tins
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
(Suitable for TM31 users as well)
1. Preheat oven to 210 degrees or 190 degrees for fan forced.
2. Add garlic to mixing bowl and chop 3 secs / speed 8.
3. Add carrot, onion, cauliflower, rosemary and sage leaves to mixing bowl, chop 5 secs / speed 5. Transfer to a bowl, set aside. Don't wash bowl.
4. Add milk, sour cream, Dijon, salt, pepper and flour to mixing bowl. Mix 10 secs / speed 3. Scrape down sides.
5. Return chopped veggies to mixing bowl and add chicken, mushrooms and grated cheese if using. Mix on reverse, 15 secs / speed 2.
6. Roll out home made pastry if using or lay out defrosted store bought sheets. Cut bottoms and tops for 2 large or 6 individual pies.
7. Grease pie tins and place bases inside them, fill with pie filling making sure to fill to the edges and press it in firmly, then brush edges of bottom pastry layer and place a pastry top over the filled pie.
8. Taking care to press all the edges firmly together, work your way around each pie and pinch press the pastry edges against the tin.
9. With a sharp knife or kitchen scissors, snip a small split abt half a centimetre long in the middle of the pastry top to create a steam vent and brush the tops with milk.
10. Bake in a hot oven on the middle shelf for 25-30mins until pastry is golden brown.
Serve with veggies or chips and salad.
*Individual pastry tins (6) or two family sized pie plates
*a bowl/plate or pastry cutter of the size and shape needed for your pie tin/s
Makes 2 family sized pies or 6 small pies
Accessories you need
1. You usually shortcrust for the bases and puff for the tops but either pastry will work just as well for both whether its home made or store bought!
2. Gluten Free substitutes are fine for this recipe.
3. These pies are quite moist as is despite only a small amount of sauce. This is because of the veggies inside. If you want a more saucy pie filling, double the sauce ingredients.
4. You can shred your leftover chicken on reverse for few seconds in the Thermomix, do that immediately after step two in the recipe; don't wash the mixing bowl.
5. This recipe would also be a great way to get some healthy food on the plate for kids whether at meal time or as party pies for birthdays and other celebrations.
To make as party pies, use muffin trays for the pies!
6. Consider making these as a potato top pie and use TM mashed potato with a bit of cheese or egg white through it to make the tops of the pies.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Simple sausage rolls
- Sue's Secret Seedy Sheet Crackers
- Low Carb Gluten Free Cheese Scones-
- Apricot slice
- Cheesy Sweet Chilli Scrolls
- Sweet Potato, Bacon and Zucchini Frittata Variation Pumpkin,chorizo and spinach frittata
- Corn meat fritters
- Cauliflower Nuggets
- Zucchini slice
- Chilli Seed Crackers - Easy, Healthy, Quick
- Super Easy British Cheese Straws
- Pita Bread; Gluten Free, Yeast Free
- Blueberry tea - cold and flu relief
- One Basic Gluten Free Bread Dough 3 Ways!! Instructions for making Naan, Bread rolls or A small loaf of bread
- Gluten Free Choc Chunk Cookies
- Gluten free soft corn tortillas
- Asparagus Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth (liquid stock)
- Gluten free soft n fluffy pizza base
- Caramilk Truffles
- Macadamia Caramel Squares
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- My mum’s Mauritian Poutou
- All Green Stock Powder
- Super Easy Waffles
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Recco Classico
- Milan's INDIAN Caffe Latte
- Honey Jumbles - old style