- 60 grams Tasty cheese, ( grated )
- 200 grams white spelt flour
- 100 grams wholemeal spelt flour
- 2 heaped teaspoons baking powder
- 20 grams Butter
- 25g grams Buttermilk or Milk, ( I had buttermilk to use up as I had just made a butter Batch)!
- 1 Whole egg
- Extra spelt flour for dusting
- Extra buttermilk for brushing
Pre heat fan forced oven to 200 degrees
Chop the cubed pumpkin on speed 6 for 5 seconds ,
add the grated tasty cheese , white & wholemeal spelt flours , teaspoons of baking powder & butter.
Mix on speed 5 and slowly add through hole in lid the butter , buttermilk and egg
set dial to closed lid position and knead for 50 seconds. You don't want to over work the dough as spelt flour does not cope to well with this
the dough will be quite sticky so add extra flour to your thermo Matt and empty dough onto it. You may need to scrape out dough from the bowl using the spatula.
Flour up your hands and a rolling pin and flatten out the dough to about 1cm thickness , then using a scone cutter , make your shapes. Place the cut dough shapes into a greased baking tray, then brush lightly with extra buttermilk.
Bake in fan forced oven for about 12 - 15 minutes. Keep a eye on the scones to make sure they don't over brown up.
Serve warm with lashings of freshly made butter! DELISH!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Jamaican style ginger cake
- Keto Bread
- Muesli bars
- Fudgy Chocolate, Beetroot and Banana Cupcakes
- Variation Donna Hay's Salted Caramel and Vanilla Baked Cheesecake
- Applesauce muffins
- Cale's Crepes
- Thermo Cazza's Crumble Mixture
- FLUFFY WHOLEMEAL ROLLS
- Creamed Ruby Chard
- Buttermilk Bread Loaf
- Lemon and Passionfruit Curd