- 200 grams plain flour
- 50 grams block of butter, chilled
- 50 grams lard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50 grams water, chilled (add another 10g if required)
- 1 onion, large
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 sprigs Mixed fresh herbs, or dried
- 500 grams Oven roasted tomatoes, or tinned tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 130 grams cheese
- 1 egg
- 15 Olives
- 1 can anchovies
- to taste Salt and pepper
- 20 grams oil
Place flour, butter, lard and salt into mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 6 until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Add water and knead 10-20 sec// to form dough. Add a little more water if necessary. Turn mixture onto floured board and knead lightly. Put in refrigerator for 15mins.
Roll pastry out to fit flan dish of approximately 25-27cm. Place pastry into well-greased flan, making sure the pastry comes up above the edges to take into account shrinkage when blind baking. Prick pastry base with fork. Cover with baking paper and pastry weights.
Bake in pre-heated oven at 200 degrees celcius for 15 mins until golden.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
Place cheese into mixing bowl and grate 8 sec/speed 4. Set aside.
Add onion and garlic and chop 3 sec/speed 6.
Add oil and saute 2 min/100C/speed 1.
Add mixed herbs, tomatoes, tomato paste and season with salt and pepper and cook 5 min/100 C/speed 1. Puree 1 min/speed 9.
Add grated cheese and mix 10 sec/speed 7. Then heat 1 min/90 C/speed 3. Allow to cool slightly.
Add egg and mix 3 sec/speed 7. Be careful not to cook the egg.
Bake for 30-40 minutes in oven.
Short Crust Pastry
This can also be made into smaller individual tarts. The recipe freezes well.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chillean Empanadas
- Super Soft Pesto Scrolls
- Fridgetatas (steamed egg cups)
- Onion and goat cheese scrolls
- Sun dried tomato and halloumi bread
- Savoury Vegetable Medley Muffins
- Low Carb Cheese and bacon Cauliflower muffins
- Grain Free Pizza Base (AIP, paleo, low carb, yeast free, egg free)
- Spinach and Cheese Burek
- Savoury Brekkie Slice
- Cheese scones
- Jo's Southland Cheese Roll's
- Lemon Butter
- Berry, banana breakfast smoothie
- Hainanese Chicken Meal
- Easy Lemon Cake
- Low carb seed and nut bread
- Passionfruit marshmallow dark chocolate slice.
- Spinach, onion and feta pie
- Nutty Caramel Bliss Balls
- Jan's Butter Chicken
- Turkey mince burger patties
- Beef burger patties
- Cinnamon Scrolls with Caramel Sauce