- 75 g Parmesan
- 150 g roasted and salted macadamia nuts
- 210 g plain flour
- 1 egg yolk
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 65 g ice cold water
- 2 leeks, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 30 g Butter
- Sprig fresh thyme, foliage only
- 50 g white wine
- 300 g cream
- 300 g mixed soft cheeses of choice (we recommend taleggio, feta and Gruyere)
- 3 eggs and 1 egg white
8Recipe is created for
oven to 200ºC.
pastry by placing Parmesan into TM bowl and milling for 20 seconds on speed 8.
Add macadamias and mill for 8 seconds
on speed 8.
remaining pastry ingredients and mix for 10
seconds on speed 4 or until a
crumbly mixture forms.
out onto floured ThermoMat and bring together with hands to form a disc shape.
out and line 24cm deep dish flan tin with removable base. Place into freezer
for at least 30 minutes.
bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and fragrant. Set aside.
oven temperature to 170ºC.
make filling, place leeks, butter and thyme into TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 6.
down sides of bowl and sauté for 5
minutes at Varoma temperature on
wine and cook a further 2 minutes at
Varoma temperature on speed 1.
Once cooled spread over cooked pastry base and set aside.
cheeses into TM bowl and chop for 4
seconds on speed 4. Add cream
and cook for 5 minutes at 100ºC on speed soft or until cheeses have melted and blended with cream.
Butterfly and add eggs and white and
beat for 2 minutes on speed 3.
seasoning to taste and pour over leek mixture. Bake for 30-35 minutes, turning
the heat down if necessary to prevent browning. The centre should still be
somewhat wobbly as it will continue to cook when removed from the oven.
warm or cold with a fresh salad.
Accessories you need
adding some halved cherry tomatoes, fresh spinach or asparagus after the leek
mixture underneath the custard.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Puff Pastry
- Rosemary sausage rolls
- LCHF brocolli bake
- Cauliflower and Turmeric flatbread
- Indian Tandoori puffs
- Savoury breakfast muffins
- Spinach & Gruyère Quiche
- Cheesy cauliflower & zucchini muffins
- Vegetable Risotto Balls
- Baked Bubbly Muesli Bars
- Gluten Free Chunky steak, mushroom and mince pie
- Spinach and Chorizo Savoury Muffins
- Steamed chicken breast, fresh ground polenta, pumpkin foam
- Pad see ew
- Beef and three-vegetable puree
- Pork Belly Ramen
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- MULLED CIDER
- Beef cobbler with polenta dumplings
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Butternut and bacon macaroni cheese
- Tuscan bean soup
- Chicken tikka masala
- Parsley Oil
- Black Forest Scrolls
- Easy Apple Cake
- Dairy Free Peanut Butter Custard
- Squid Ink Bread
- Lemon Bundino ( Italian lemon pudding)
- Peppermint Slice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Yogurt scones
- Quick Puff Pastry
- Double choc apricot muffins
- Crostata di Ricotta (Almond and Ricotta tart)
- 20sec scones