- 25 g Italian parsley
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 carrot, medium, chopped into 3 cm chunks
- 1 onion, medium, in halves
- 1000 g whole beef cheek
- 600 g red wine
- 1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon beef stock paste
- 50 g plain flour
- pepper and salt to taste
- 375 g plain flour
- 190 g Butter, chilled and cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 125 g water, chilled
- 24 patty pan liners
- 500 g water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tbsp chicken stock paste
- 100 g polenta (cornmeal)
- 125 g grated cheddar and parmesan blend
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Blitz parsley 10 secs/speed 7. Reserve to a bowl.
2. Add carrot, garlic, and onion to bowl. Chop 3 secs/ speed 7.
3. Put beef cheeks on top of blades. Add wine, worchestershire, and beef stock. Cook 70 mins/100C/Speed soft, reverse. This step may be a little noisy to begin with, but as the meat firms up there will be less noise.
4. Remove beef to a plate. Add flour and season with pepper. Check the saltiness before adding extra salt. Blitz 20 secs/speed 4.
5. Dice beef cheeks to desired size. I chose to cube mine about 1.5 cm.
5. Add beef back to bowl, along with parsley. Cook for another 20 mins/90C/Speed 1 reverse.
6. When cooked, remove to a dish and allow to cool completely before adding to pastry shells. Is delicious served as a casserole on it's own.
1. Preheat oven to 140C. Grease really well two 12 hole muffin trays.
2. Add all ingredients to bowl, and mix 24 secs/ speed 4.
3. Transfer dough to thermomat, or baking paper to roll.
4. Roll dough to approx. 2 mm thickness. Cut into 10cm diameter circles.
5. Fill each tray hole with dough, ensuring the dough reaches all the way up the sides of each hole, and has no cracks or gaps.
6. Press patty pans into each pastry filled hole. Make sure the patty pan is in tight. This will prevent the dough from getting out of shape when blind baking.
7. Place trays in oven and bake for 25 mins, or until the pastry is fully cooked. While the pastry is cooking, get started on your polenta.
8. When cooked, remove patty pans and fill with the braised beef cheek mixture almost to the top, so leaving a 2mm gap.
9. Leave oven on.
1. Place water, oil, and stock into bowl. Cook 7 min/100C/speed 1.
2. Add polenta and cook 8 mins/100C/speed 4.
3. Add cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep warm until pastry is cooked and filled with beef cheek mixture. Set the timer, but feel free to turn it off as soon as you need to use it. The polenta needs to keep moving to prevent it from setting. I did mine for 20 mins approx/50C/speed 2.
4. As soon as pastry shells are filled, spoon a dollop/tablespoon of polenta onto the beef mixture.
5. Put pies in the oven and cook for 25 mins at 140C.
For the filling:
For the crusts:
For the polenta tops:
These pies store well in the freezer. Simply put them in a container after the polenta goes on top, and before baking.
You can store any extra pastry in the freezer for next time by putting it in a zip lock sandwich bag and allowing it to defrost in the fridge before use.
You can eat up any of the pie mixture with some extra polenta as a meal on it's own. Delicious!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mince and vegetable pinwheels
- Fair Dinkum Beef pies
- Almond Sesame Crackers (LCHF)
- Quiche Lorraine
- Cheese and Bacon Mini Muffins
- Chicken, Cheese & Vegetable Sausage Rolls
- Ham, cheese and pineapple muffins
- Brazilian Cheesy buns (Pão de Queijo)
- Marscapone, Caramelised onion and Tomato Tart
- Yorkshire puddings
- Ham and Cheese Gluten Free Quinoa Muffins (Dairy Free Variations)
- Tuna and Zucchini Slice (Gluten Free)
- Creamy pasta with seafood balls - Varoma complete meal
- Asian style chicken dumplings - Varoma complete meal
- Nigella's Chocolate and Orange Cake
- Ice Coffee and Almond Cake
- Super Moist Whole Orange Cake
- Salmon, fennel and feta filo pie
- Jekyll and Hyde - the Champagne Cocktail
- Sneaky Zucchini Loaf
- Hidden Veggie Lunchbox Scrolls
- The Easiest Chocolate Cupcake
- Banana Bread
- Chia Cranberry Muesli Bars