- 250 g flour, all-purpose, Bakers flour is best.
- 250 g Butter
- 100 g water, Make sure that it is really cold water
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add the flour, then the butter cubed. Make sure that the butter is cold. Place the mc on. 4 sec on speed 4. The flour and butter should look like crumbs.
- Then add really cold water to the mix through the top without taking off lid then 4 sec speed 4, then 20 seconds on "Dough mode" .
- Removed pastry from the bowl and place on floured thermo matt.
Add flour to your rolling pin.
Roll out the pastry into a rectangle.
Fold one end 2/3 across the rectangle then the other end folds over so that you end up with 3 layers.
Turn rectangle around so that the pastry ends face you, and roll again and fold again.
Then wrap in cling wrap and put in the fridge for 1/2 an hour. If you are in a hot climate put the pastry into the freezer for the last 10mins.
- Take out the pastry from the fridge/freezer, flour your matt and roll out the pastry to the shape that you are after. If you have stone bench tops, place something cold on the tops for a few minutes before you roll out your pastry. This helps with keeping the butter in your pastry from melting.
Quick Puff Pastry
Accessories you need
Rolling Pin,Thermo mat and cling wrap.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut Loaf
- Pastie Slice
- Savoury Muffins
- Apricot, Pinenut and Rosemary Shortbread Gluten Free
- Pumpkin Scones
- PIZZA BASE (GLUTEN FREE, CORN FREE, SULPHUR FREE, NUT FREE)
- The Ultimate Mousetraps
- Bacon, Celery & Cheese Muffins
- Annabel Langbein's Sesame Lavosh
- Easy Four Seed Crackers
- Herby Ricotta & Courgette Muffins
- Gluten Free crispbread, crackers, flatbread, matzo
- Paleo Spiced Almond and Date Hot Chocolate (Vegan, GF)
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Chocolate chips financier
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- Easy Peasy Satay Chicken
- BOOBIE BISCUIT
- Nanaimo Bars (The Queen of)
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- Apple Crumble Pie
- Banana Cream Brûlée’s
- Gluten Free Sourdough Bread
- Lychee Apple Dream Cocktail