THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 onion
- 1/2 tablespoon oil, rice bran
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 300 grams gluten free selfraising flour
- 3 teaspoons Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 bottle apple cider (330ml)
- 1/2 tablespoon melted butter
- 50 grams sunflower seeds
Recipe is created for
Chop onion on 7 for 3 sec. Sautee them for 2 min. on Varoma - set aside to cool.
Put in the mixing bowl: the flour, baking powder, sugar, sage and 3/4 of the seeds, mix for 10 seconds on Reverse to combine, add the onion and mix for another 10 sec. on Reverse. Add the Cider and mix on Reverse to combine. Place dough in prepared tin (I used square muffin tin, with some baking paper). Smooth the tops of the bread down with a wet finger and add some of the leftover seeds on top. Set the tin in a warm place for 30 min. Preheat oven to 180 (no fan) and bake the bread for 40 min. Take out and brush with the melted butter to create a crusty top during the last 10 min. (total 50 min). The bread tastes a little sweet and is delicious served with soup or winter stews; although quite enjoyed too with marmalade for breaky!
If you don't need to follow a Gluten Free diet, you can replace the flour and baking powder for just 300 gr of selfraising flour and use beer instead of cider.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Raw Cauliflower Tabouleh
- Granola Cookies
- Chocolate biscuits - Gluten Free
- Tangerine Granita - Gluten Free
- Raw Mango surprises - Gluten Free
- Kipper Pate, English Breakfast deconstructed - Gluten Free
- Pink Lady Apple and dark chocolate chips muffins
- Frozen Orange Pots with Orange Syrup
- Gluten Free Passionfruit Slice
- Basic Muffins with additional options
- Power Smoothies collection (6)