- 200 g Shortcrust Pastry, See EDC recipe
- 40 g savoury yeast flakes, or Parmesan cheese
- 1 brown onion
- 120 g bacon, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 100 g silverbeet, Stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 30g olive oil
- 1 tsp Vegetable stock paste, See EDC recipe
- 160 g Almond milk, or dairy/rice milk
- 100 g corn kernels
1h 15minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 200C.
Roll out pastry to a 1cm thickness and use to line the base and sides of a well-greased 23cm flan tin.
Prick base with a fork and blink bake* for 15 mins or until golden.
Once cooked, remove from oven and remove pie weights. Set aside.
Lower oven temperature to 180C.
(*see the front of your EDC for tips on blind baking)
Place onion and bacon into mixing bowl and chop 5-10 sec / speed 9. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add olive oil and saute 5 min / Varoma / speed 1.
Add carrot, silverbeet, stock paste, eggs, milk and savoury yeast flakes and chop 5-10 sec / speed 5, or until finely chopped and well combined.
Add corn and mix 5-10 sec / / speed 3, or until well combined.
Pour filling into the pre-cooked pastry case. Bake for approx 30 minutes or until golden brown and firm on top.
Accessories you need
It is easy to make this vegetarian by omitting the bacon and adding mushrooms. You can also use any seasonal vegetables.
To make your shortcrust pastry dairy free substitute the butter with chilled coconut oil.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dog Biscuits
- Vegemite and Cheese Stackers
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Breakfast Muffins
- Lunchbox Chicken Bites
- Sauerkraut, apple and bacon quiche
- Chicken and vegetable savoury muffin
- Sourdough discard crackers
- RSPCA Puppy Treats
- Boong eo ppang (Korean Fish Shaped Pastry)
- Dairy Free Fettucine Carbonara
- Tomato-free Bolognaise Sauce
- Fish Fingers (dairy free)
- Coconut Milk Yoghurt
- Apricot Chia Bars
- Maple Mustard Chicken (low FODMAP, gluten free)
- Steamed Blueberry Puddings (low FODMAP, gluten free)
- Dairy free "Cheese" sauce
- Paleo Chocolate Brownies (grain free)
- Banana & Oat baby biscuits
- Bec’s dim dims.
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Puree - Annabel Karmel Recipe
- The English Carrot
- Carrot and Almond Loaf
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- Potsticker dumplings and broth
- Vegetable Stew with Risoni
- Mum’s “Cheese” and Spinach Pie (GF, DF)
- Riggo's Diane Sauce
- Breakfast Muffins