- 200 grams almonds, raw
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted (or butter)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- 1 pinch salt
- 80 grams walnuts
- 80 grams medjool dates pitted
- honey, for drizzling
- cinnamon, for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 180degrees
2. Place 200g Almonds into bowl and mill to almond meal 10 seconds speed 9. Set aside.
3. Place pitted dates and walnuts (for the filling) into the bowl and turbo for 2 - 3 seconds until chopped but textural. Set Aside
4. Without washing bowl add the coconut oil or butter and honey and melt 2 mins, 50 degrees, speed 2.
5. Add back in the almond flour and all other dough ingredients and combine 8 seconds speed 5 or until well combined. The dough will be sticky.
6. Place the dough in between two sheets of baking paper and roll out into a rectangle shape around 3mm thick. Place in the freezer for 5 mins to firm up.
1. Take the dough out of the freezer and spread over the pre chopped walnuts and dates. Sprinkle cinamon and drizzle honey to taste.
2. Roll the dough from the long side to form a long scroll. Place back into the freezer if its too soft. Cut into pieces about 4cm wide and place onto baking paper.
3. Bake for 10 - 12 mins or until lightly golden.
You can keep the scroll log in the freezer and cut off pieces as you need them
This dish is DF (as long as you use coconut oil rather than butter), GF, Refined Sugar Free.
This recipe came from Paleo Grubs, Sticky Ooey Gooey Paleo Cinnamon Rolls //paleogrubs.com/cinnamon-roll-recipe
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.