- 3 egg whites, (90g in total)
- 280 grams ground almonds
- 280 grams caster sugar, (reserve 1 tablespoon in a small bowl)
- 1/4 level tsp vanilla extract, (alternatively vanilla essence)
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto® liqueur, (for example Desario)
- 1 level tsp almond extract, natural, (alternatively almond essence)
- 2 level tbsp icing sugar, (to coat and dust)
- 12 portions Glazed cherries, (cut in half)
- 1 level tbsp honey
- 1 pinches salt
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celcius
Line two flat baking trays with baking paper or greace with butter.
1."Closed lid" Insert butterfy whisk to bowl.
2."Closed lid" (insert measuring cup)Add ground almonds and caster sugar using scales and mix for 10 seconds on speed 2 . Repeat this step to combine the mixture well and then transfer mixure into a bowl. Clean and dry "Closed lid" well.
3."Closed lid" (measuring cup removed)Separate the 3 egg whites and add to the bowl. Add 1tablespoon of honey and a pinch of salt to the bowl. Speed 3.5 for 3 minutes.
5.(measuring cup removed) Add almond extract, vanilla essence and almond liqure with half the dry incredients. Speed 1 for 20 seconds. Scrap down the sides with the spatula and add remainder of dry ingredients speed 1 for 20 seconds. Remove ingredients into a bowl.
6. Create a production line of 3 small bowls (one with water, one with caster sugar and one with icing sugar). Wet you hands with a little watter and use on teaspoon of the mixture rolled in the palms of your hands, then roll in caster sugar and then roll in icing suger. Gently press down on a tray lined with baking paper and add half a glazed cherry in the middle.
7. Bake for 12 to 13 minutes until just goldern. Allow to completely cool on tray. Transfer to platter and dust with icing suger (optional).
Accessories you need
Egg whites need to be at room temperature. Glazed cherries could be replaced with blanced almonds. The mixture could be refridgerated for 24hours before shaping and baking. Use Almond extract on its own if you do not have the liqure version and double the quantity for more intense flavour and aroma.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- That Thermo Chick’s Lunch Box Cookies
- My Mum’s Yo Yo’s
- Fat Free Carrot Cake
- Pupcakes for your dog
- Lemon Slice Protein Balls
- ANZAC cookies with almonds and chia
- Orange Drop Biccies
- Caramilk Slice
- Apple Rum Cake
- Lemon cake
- That Thermo Chick's Gluten Free, Vegan & Paleo Anzac Biscuits