- 125 g unsalted butter, chopped coursely
- 200 g light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup or treacle
- 60 g water
- 1/2 teaspoon Bi-Carb Soda (Baking Soda)
- 40 g Desiccated Coconut
- 90 g rolled oats
- 150 g plain flour
- 300 g raw sugar, (or icing sugar)
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup or treacle
- 20 g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons hot water, approximately
1. Preheat oven to 120°C. Grease and line a 24cm x 32cm baking tray with baking paper. Extend baking paper up sides approx. 5cm.
2. If using raw sugar for the icing, weigh into the TM bowl now and mill for approximately 30 sec sp10. Scrape down sides of bowl. Pour milled sugar into a bowl and set aside for later.
3. Weigh in butter, brown sugar and golden syrup into TM bowl, MC off. Set 5min, 80° sp3. Just mix until sugar dissolves.
4. Reset temp to zero. Weigh in coconut, oats and flour. Mix reverse, sp 5, 20sec until ingredients start to combine. Add the combined water and soda into the TM bowl through the hole in the lid while still mixing on .
5. Once all ingredients are combined evenly, spread the mixture into the prepared tray. Bake for approximately 45mins. Rinse and wipe TM bowl ready for next step.
6. Once baked, stand the slice in pan for 15 minutes to cool, before turning onto a wire rack to cool further.
1. Place icing sugar into TM bowl. Weigh in butter. Add golden syrup. Stir 5mins, 50°, sp4. Adding enough hot water through the top to make a thick but spreadable paste.
2. When sugar is dissolved, pour icing mixture over slice and spread evenly.
3. Stand slice at room temperature, or refrigerate, until set before cutting.
4. Serve chilled or at room temperature with a nice strong cup of Aussie tea.
Decrease the baking time by 5 - 10 minutes for a more fudgy texture slice.
Store in airtight container for up to a week.
Adapted from The Women's Weekly recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paleo Supercharged Cookies
- Gingerbread Shortbread
- Cacao and coconut bliss balls
- Rhubarb and Apple crumble
- Cheesy Knefeh
- Fluffy Hakkaido Snow Bun
- Nanny B's Potato Cake
- Passionfruit Melting Moments
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- 5 Ingredient No-bake Rum Balls
- Banana Bread Cafe Style - imperial
- cranberry creamcheese bread roll