- 110 g sugar
- 120 g Butter, cut into cubes
- 2 eggs
- 100 g Self Raising Flour
- 50 g plain cake flour
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 2 granny smith apples
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 120 g cream
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 100 g brown sugar
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 160ºC. Butter an 8 hole mini loaf tin and set aside.
Place sugar into mixing bowl and mill 5 sec/speed 10.
Add butter and mix 1 min/speed 3. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl.
Add eggs, flours and milk and mix 10 sec/speed 5-6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl and mix for a further 5 sec/speed 5 if necessary.
Divide cake batter between holes of prepared tin and smooth surfaces with the back of a wet spoon.
Peel and quarter apples. Thinly slice each quarter and arrange on top of each cake. Brush with warmed apricot jam and bake for 30-35 minutes or until risen and skewer comes out clean.
Place all sauce ingredients into mixing bowl and cook 7 min/Varoma/speed 2, with MC off.
Blend 5 sec/speed 6.
Serve Apple cakes drizzled with Caramel Brandy Sauce and whipped cream.
Caramel brandy sauce
Other users also liked...
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon
- Inside-out chicken parmigiana - Dani Valent
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Salted caramel sauce
- Coconut matcha panna cotta
- Cranberry and camembert stuffed chicken
- Cranberry chocolate snack bars
- Carrot, feta and mint salad
- Vegan chocolate, raspberry and pistachio layer cake
- Deconstructed eton mess - Beni Orwell
- Sauerkraut salad