- 4 Apples, cored, quartered
- 70 g water
- lemon juice, half a lemon
- 40 g coconut oil
- 80 g Rice malt syrup
- 400 g rolled oats
- 50 g Coconut chips
- 100 g pepitas
- 100 g sunflower seeds
- 100 g sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 250 g Almonds or Nut of choice
- 200 g Dried Fruit, I use Cranberries, Currants, Goji Berries
1) Make apple sauce as per EDC recpie. When it has finished cooking set aside some and leave enough to cover the bottom blade in the bowl.
2) Add in all ingrediants to TM bowl except Nuts and Fruit
Mix 30sec/ "Counter-clockwise operation" / Speed 2
3) Scrape down sides and combine for a further 20sec/ "Counter-clockwise operation" / Speed 2 so all dry ingrediants are coated in wet ingredients.
4) Divide mixture between two oven trays lined with baking paper and spread out into an even layer.
5) Place nuts into bowl and add a few teaspoons of reserved apple sauce to the nuts. Pulse twice on "Closed lid" Turbo to chop nuts a little. Pour chopped nuts over mixture on oven trays.
6) Place in oven and bake 170 degrees for 20 mins. Remove trays and mix around museli to stop edges from burning. Place back in oven and bake for an extra 10-20-mins or untill dark golden colour. (It will become more crunchy as it cools too)
7) When museli is ready take out of oven and sprinkle over dried fruit. Place in air tight containers.
Accessories you need
If you dont have apples you can use store bought apple sauce.(190g is a good amount)
Rolled oats can also be replaced or a combination of rolled amarath, rolled quinoa and rolled spelt.
Macadamia nuts and Pistachios work really well too.
You can eat this on its own or with milk but my favorite way is with honey yogurt and berrries.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Chocolate chips financier
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- Nanaimo Bars (The Queen of)
- Aunty Tara's Banana Pancakes
- Biscoff Knafeh Tarts
- Dairy and Egg FREE Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Lu Lu's Golden Chew
- ANZAC BISCUITS
- Banana and Nutella Bread
- Paleo No Bake Peanut Butter Slice
- Anzac bliss balls- thermosize your life
- Lemon & Tahini Dressing
- Variation Honey Mustard Chicken
- Terri's Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup
- Paleo Spiced Almond and Date Hot Chocolate (Vegan, GF)
- BOOBIE BISCUIT
- Apple Crumble Pie
- Banana Cream Brûlée’s
- Gluten Free Sourdough Bread
- Lychee Apple Dream Cocktail
- Pineapple Cheesecake Jars
- Nanna's Vegetable Soup
- Biscoff Knafeh Tarts