- 4 Apples, cored, quartered
- 70 g water
- lemon juice, half a lemon
- 40 g coconut oil
- 80 g Rice malt syrup
- 400 g rolled oats
- 50 g Coconut chips
- 100 g pepitas
- 100 g sunflower seeds
- 100 g sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 250 g Almonds or Nut of choice
- 200 g Dried Fruit, I use Cranberries, Currants, Goji Berries
1) Make apple sauce as per EDC recpie. When it has finished cooking set aside some and leave enough to cover the bottom blade in the bowl.
2) Add in all ingrediants to TM bowl except Nuts and Fruit
Mix 30sec/ / Speed 2
3) Scrape down sides and combine for a further 20sec/ / Speed 2 so all dry ingrediants are coated in wet ingredients.
4) Divide mixture between two oven trays lined with baking paper and spread out into an even layer.
5) Place nuts into bowl and add a few teaspoons of reserved apple sauce to the nuts. Pulse twice on Turbo to chop nuts a little. Pour chopped nuts over mixture on oven trays.
6) Place in oven and bake 170 degrees for 20 mins. Remove trays and mix around museli to stop edges from burning. Place back in oven and bake for an extra 10-20-mins or untill dark golden colour. (It will become more crunchy as it cools too)
7) When museli is ready take out of oven and sprinkle over dried fruit. Place in air tight containers.
Accessories you need
If you dont have apples you can use store bought apple sauce.(190g is a good amount)
Rolled oats can also be replaced or a combination of rolled amarath, rolled quinoa and rolled spelt.
Macadamia nuts and Pistachios work really well too.
You can eat this on its own or with milk but my favorite way is with honey yogurt and berrries.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Healthy Low Fat Banana Bread
- Variation Date lime cake
- Jumbo Spiced Pumpkin Bread
- Jam donut muffins AKA "Duffins"
- Cookie Jar Biscuits
- Peppermint Black Bean Brownies
- O’Henry Slice
- Fruit "roll ups"
- Loving Earth Chocolate Cups G/F D/F Cane Sugar Free
- Cashew Fudge G/F D/F Cane Sugar Free
- Date Rolls G/F D/F Cane Sugar Free
- Rice Bubble Slice
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Halawet El Jibn (Sweet Cheese Dessert)
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- Navajo Fry Bread
- Hot Chilli Jam
- French bread (overnight)
- Rose Water
- Sugar Free Lemonade
- Creamy Carbonara Risotto with Hidden Veg
- TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry