- 4 Apples, cored, quartered
- 70 g water
- lemon juice, half a lemon
- 40 g coconut oil
- 80 g Rice malt syrup
- 400 g rolled oats
- 50 g Coconut chips
- 100 g pepitas
- 100 g sunflower seeds
- 100 g sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 250 g Almonds or Nut of choice
- 200 g Dried Fruit, I use Cranberries, Currants, Goji Berries
1) Make apple sauce as per EDC recpie. When it has finished cooking set aside some and leave enough to cover the bottom blade in the bowl.
2) Add in all ingrediants to TM bowl except Nuts and Fruit
Mix 30sec/ / Speed 2
3) Scrape down sides and combine for a further 20sec/ / Speed 2 so all dry ingrediants are coated in wet ingredients.
4) Divide mixture between two oven trays lined with baking paper and spread out into an even layer.
5) Place nuts into bowl and add a few teaspoons of reserved apple sauce to the nuts. Pulse twice on Turbo to chop nuts a little. Pour chopped nuts over mixture on oven trays.
6) Place in oven and bake 170 degrees for 20 mins. Remove trays and mix around museli to stop edges from burning. Place back in oven and bake for an extra 10-20-mins or untill dark golden colour. (It will become more crunchy as it cools too)
7) When museli is ready take out of oven and sprinkle over dried fruit. Place in air tight containers.
Accessories you need
If you dont have apples you can use store bought apple sauce.(190g is a good amount)
Rolled oats can also be replaced or a combination of rolled amarath, rolled quinoa and rolled spelt.
Macadamia nuts and Pistachios work really well too.
You can eat this on its own or with milk but my favorite way is with honey yogurt and berrries.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quinoa Biscuits
- Gluten Free Pear and Raspberry Bread
- Salted caramel crackers
- Ultimate Ooey Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Chocolate and Blueberry Cake with Lemon Glaze
- Nutella cinnamon (donut) cupcakes
- Fruit Snack Bars
- Banana Cream Cheese Breakfast Cakes
- Chocolate Paleo Pie
- Variation Raspberry chocolate raw slice
- Coffee Bar Cake
- Macadamia & White Choc Cookies
- Honey Mustard Chicken in 14 mins (non shredding!!)
- Leek, Corn & Feta Frittata
- Chicken and Zucchini brown rice Risotto
- Bacon and mushroom pasta (light version made with milk not cream)
- Sunday morning quick'n easy rolls
- Coconut Condensed Milk (dairy free)
- Variation Chicken Laksa
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese
- Coffee Bar Cake
- Supersize Hamburger
- Rhubarb curd
- Peppermint Mint Choc Chip Bliss Balls