- 100 grams carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 100 grams almonds
- 280 grams gluten free flour
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 grams Rapadura Sugar
- 30 grams honey
- 100 grams macadamia oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 200 grams natural yoghurt
- 50-100 grams chppped walnuts
Pre-heat oven to 170degrees. Line a square baking tin (about 20cm).
Place the carrots into the TM bowl and grate for 3-5 seconds on speed 5.Set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Mill nutmeg on speed 10 for 1 minute. Add the alonds and mill for another 10 seconds on speed 9.
Set aside HALF of the almond mixture.
With the remaining mix, add the flour, baking powder, sugar, honey and oil. Mix on speed 6 for 20 seconds. The mixture should be crumbly, if it's too dry add the tablespoon of water and mix on speed 6 for 3 seconds.
Weigh out 300grams of the mixture and press into the tin.
With the remaining mix add the reserve almond, yoghurt and eggs. Mix on speed 6 for about 10 seconds.
Add the carrot and stir on reverse for 5 seconds, speed 2.
Pour the mixture on top of the base in the tin. Sprinkle the walnuts on top and cook in the oven for approx 40 minutes.
Accessories you need
Adapted from Clever cook @ //clevercook.net.au/2014/11/01/armenian-nutmeg-cake/
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Banana, Date & Pecan Bread - Sugar Free - Dairy Free
- Lemon Cupcakes with Young Living Essential Oils
- Chocolate coconut macaroons Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Egg Free, AIP
- The Daily Mix - Banana Crumble Muffins
- Dotty's Lemon and Sultana Tea Loaf
- Banana Nut Bread
- Mums Fluffy Cupcakes
- Apricot Slice
- Mrs Scotts' Almond Cake
- Butter cake with a hint of coconut and green tea
- Cornflake crunchies
- White Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry Coulis
- Gluten Free Walnut Choc Chip Cookies
- Wonton Soup for 1
- Quick & Healthy Instant Muesli
- Banana & Quinoa Pancakes
- Pete Evans Family Food Eggnog
- MKR White Chocolate Custard with Berry Compote & Macadamia Crumb
- Dark Chocolate Cake with Cumquats
- Citrus Margarita for Two
- Paleo Easy Chicken Curry
- Superfood Soup
- Swordfish for Two
- Custard for One
- Curry Pea Soup
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Garlic & Parsley Burgers
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Apricot Slice
- Russian Honey Cake
- Wagon Wheel slice
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Fruit Bread