- 80 g Butter
- 60 g almond meal
- 330 g Gingernut biscuits
- 3 eggs
- 150 g castor sugar
- 250 g Philadelphia cream cheese
- 250 g cottage cheese
- 250 g sour cream
- Seeds of one vanilla pod
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, Plus extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Add butter to tmx bowl and melt on 80degrees, 3min, speed 2.
2. Add almond meal and gingernut biscuits and blend speed 5 for 20 seconds. Press mixture into a greased 26cm springform tin and chill.
3. Rinse or wipe out tmx bowl. Add Philadelphia cream cheese and cottage cheese to tmx bowl and beat on speed 7 for 30 seconds, scrape down bowl and mix again on speed 7 for 30seconds.
4. ** In a separate bowl mix eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy.
5. To the cheese mixture add sour cream and spices. Mix speed 5 for 30 seconds.
6. Add in the egg mixture and using a spatular stir until just mixed through.
7. Pour on top of biscuit base and bake at 150 degrees (no fan) for one hour with a small bowl filled with water underneath. Turn off oven and allow the cheesecake to cool and set in the warm oven. Transfer to fridge and let it rest for a day before eating.
8. Dust with extra cinnamon before serving.
**if you don't have a second tmx bowl or another machine to whip eggs and sugar together until fluffy do this first as the bowl needs to be dry and free from oil. I do this in my kenwood mixer for about 5-10min while I get other things mixed but you could easily do this in your Thermomix with the butterfly. Time will depend on the eggs but the mixture should be quiet thick.
Find more original recipes and Thermomix conversions at Messy Benches
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies
- Cowgirl Cookies
- Choc Cranberry Muesli Bars
- Berry Baked Cheesecake
- Ultimate Sponge (Recipe Sandra Walker)
- Choc Weetbix Bliss Balls
- Decadent Chocolate Chip Biscuits
- Blackberry Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins