- 130 grams dates, pitted
- 1/2 tsp Bi-carb soda
- 5 tablespoons Boiling water
- 225 grams banana
- 250 grams buttermilk
- 25 grams Rice Bran Oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 30 grams dessicated coconut
- 110 grams brown sugar
- 300 grams Self Raising Flour
- 50 grams plain flour
- 1/2 tsp Bi-carb soda
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius and line a 12 cup muffin tray with muffin papers.
1. Place dates, bi-carb and boiling water (enough to cover) in a heatproof bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to soften.
2. Drain date mixture and add to Thermomix bowl with bananas and chop (mc on, 10 sec / speed 6)
3. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula. Add buttermilk, oil, eggs and mix (mc on, 10 sec / speed 6)
4. Add all dry ingredients and mix (mc on, 5 sec / speed 6)
5. Distribute mixture evenly between muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes.
Cool muffins in tin for 5 minutes then cool on wire wrack.
Sprinkle with icing sugar if desired.
These are great to freeze.
1. To make buttermilk, put milk in a cup with 1 tablespoon of white vinegar and let it sit for 5 minutes. Then use as per recipe.
2. This recipe make a large amount of batter to ensure the cups can be filled high (cafe style). Therefore I recommend using cafe style muffin liners as they allow for more batter.
3. Rice Bran Oil can be substituted for neutral oil of choice (e.g. sunflower oil or coconut oil).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Raspberry and Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie
- Refined Sugar Free Muesli Bars
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- My Grandma`s Cheese Cake
- Banana Oat Cookies
- Nut free Muesli Bars
- Sugar Cookie Dough
- Peanut butter and popcorn muesli bars
- Soph’s banana cake
- Chocolate chip biscuits
- Banana bread with sultanas
- Variation Banana Muffins