THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 200 grams sugar
- 35 grams Basil leaves
- 90 grams Butter
- 40 grams cocoa
- 2 large eggs
- 0.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 150 grams plain flour
- 30 grams Dark cooking chocolate
- 130 grams icing sugar
- 20 grams cocoa
- 120 grams sour cream
- 0.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with nonstick baking spray with flour.
Place the sugar and basil in the Thermomix and blend on speed 8 for 5 seconds. Push everything down to the bottom of the bowl with the spatula, then blend on speed 8 for 5 seconds again.
Add everything except the flour and mix on speed 5 for 30 seconds.
Add the flour and mix on speed 3 for 30 seconds. If anything is unblended, mix it in gently with the spatula until just blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake 22-25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.
Allow cake to cool completely before putting the chocolate sour cream frosting on. Spread it over cake and garnish with basil leaves, if desired.
Put the dark chocolate in the Thermomix and heat at 60 degrees on speed 2 for 2 minutes.
Add everything else and mix on speed 4 for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides and mix again on speed 4 for 30 seconds.
Spread it over cake and garnish with basil leaves, if desired.
It tastes like basil and chocolate. This is not one of those recipes that masks one flavour with the other.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies
- Cowgirl Cookies
- Choc Cranberry Muesli Bars
- Berry Baked Cheesecake
- Ultimate Sponge (Recipe Sandra Walker)
- Choc Weetbix Bliss Balls
- Decadent Chocolate Chip Biscuits
- Blackberry Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins
- LCHF Broccoli cheese soup
- LCHF bacon chicken cheese rolls
- LCHF Chilli Relleno Chicken Soup
- Al Koozy
- Chunky chicken and fennel pie with parmesan crumb
- Bharta (eggplant curry)
- Basil parsley cashew pine nut pesto
- Irish cream
- Potato and Bacon Soup
- Beetroot and dark chocolate brownies
- Raspberry and chia cake