- 300 g Fresh Organic Beetroot, quartered
- 290 g Rapadura or Raw Sugar
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75 g cacao powder, Cocoa or Carob Powder
- 150 g Grapeseed or Sunflower Oil
- 3 eggs, or 4 if using orgran egg replacer
- 240 g wholemeal spelt flour
- Beetroot Frosting
- 1 tsp vanilla bean, paste
- 160 g rapadura or raw sugar
- 125 g nuttelex or butter
- 1/4 teaspoon beetroot, Powder
45minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking 35min
8Recipe is created for
Pre-Heat oven at 180 degrees. Grease and line a 23cm sprinform tin
Place beetroot into TM Bowl and grate beetroot until fine - 6 seconds on speed 5. Remove beetroot from TM Bowl and set aside.
Place all dry ingredients in TM bowl and mix to combine for 5 seconds on speed 5.
Add eggs and 50g of the grated beetroot and mix for 20 seconds on speed 5.
Add remaining beetroot and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5 to combine. Remove mixture from TM bowl and place into greased tin and bake in oven for 35 minutes.
Place sugar into TM bowl and mix for 30 seconds on speed 10. Remove Icing sugar from TM Bowl and set aside.
Add Butterfly into TM bowl with Nuttelex and Vanilla and mix for 1 Minute, speed 4.
Add beetroot powder and icing sugar and mix for a further 1 minute, speed 4. Scrape down the sides with spatula and mix for a further 30 seconds, speed 4 with the measuring cup off.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- My almost Paleo Choc Pear Cupcakes
- Variation Fruit and Almond Tart
- Wholefood Orange Quinoa Muesli slice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Choc Salted Caramel Slice
- PECAN PIE
- Small bake Nutella muffins
- Chocolate Bean Cake with Coconut Butter Cream
- Ginger Loaf
- Vita Brit Slice
- Judith's Hedgehog Slice
- Banana, Coconut & Walnut Loaf With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Almond Bread
- Russian beetroot salad
- Beetroot & Red Onion Balsamic Relish
- Kawakawa smoked NZ lamb with native herb, beetroot, garlic cream and ancient grain wafers - Chef Dave Anderson
- Flick's Simple Beetroot dip
- Bavarian Meat loaf (Leberkase)
- Detox Juice
- Healthy Version Red Velvet Chocolate Mud Cake
- Beetroot Dip - (healthy)
- Beetroot Chutney
- Beetroot brownies
- AIP Roasted Beetroot Dip
- What's Left in the Kitchen Spicy Noodle Soup