- 900 g water
- 1 cup Quinoa (uncooked), preferably soaked
- 1 medium raw beetroot
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 4 eggs, 3 if very large
- 1/2 cup Rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup Butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1/2-2/3 c raw cacao powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or essence
Rinse quinoa thoroughly and place in basket. Place 900g water in mixing bowl, insert basket with quinoa and cook with MC in place 13mins/varoma/speed 2
Preheat oven to 180C and line/grease a 12-hole muffin tin (you may get more than 12 muffins depending on size of muffin holes)
When quinoa is cooked, remove and allow to cool slightly or rinse under cold water
Peel and cut beetroot into even sized chunks and chop 4 seconds/speed 5
Place all other ingredients into bowl with beetroot, add cooked quinoa and mix 20 seconds/speed 3 or until combined. The mixture will be quite wet.
Divide between muffin holes/cases and bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Check after 20 minutes to make sure the tops are not burning. If burning, place a piece of baking paper over the top of the tray. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan before turning out onto a wire rack.
Accessories you need
Original recipe found here: //lovingearth.net/recipes/beetroot-quinoa-chocolate-muffins
You can use an alternative sweetener to rice malt syrup and alter cacao to suit your taste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate coconut macaroons Paleo, egg free, AIP
- The Daily Mix - Banana Crumble Muffins
- Dotty's Lemon and Sultana Tea Loaf
- Banana Nut Bread
- Mums Fluffy Cupcakes
- Apricot Slice
- Mrs Scotts' Almond Cake
- Butter cake with a hint of coconut and green tea
- Cornflake crunchies
- White Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry Coulis
- The Daily Mix - Nut Free Bliss Balls
- Nutella Lava Doughnut Cake
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Apricot Slice
- Wagon Wheel slice
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Fruit Bread
- CHEESY CHEESY MACARONI
- Variation Pumpkin, Pancetta & Pea Risotto (or 3P Risotto!)
- Japanese milk bread