- 430 grams Milk, your choice
- 2 tsp dried instant yeast
- 100 grams Rapadura Sugar
- 640 grams Baker's Flour, Or 400g baker's flour & 240g wholemeal SR Flour
- 60 grams raw cacao powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 75 grams unsalted butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 150 grams Dark chocolate (70% cocoa), chips or chopped
- 150 grams dried fruit, mixed
1h 40minPreparation 1h 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place milk, 10g of rapadura sugar and yeast in to
Add all other ingredients to not forgetting the 90g os rapadura sugar and set 30 sec, speed 5.
Now select dough mode for 8 mins
Turn out dough on to thermomat or greased thermoserver and cover. Put in warm position (car is a great spot) and allow to prove for 1 hour.
Turn out dough on to thermomat and mix in your chocolate chips and/or fruit.
Seperate dough into 16-24 pieces and roll into small balls. Place on thermomat on baking tray and in to a cold oven. Set oven temperature to 200 degrees (180 if fan forced) and cook for approx. 25-30mins or until they make a hollow sound when tapped.. Set 4 min, 37 degrees and speed 1.
Accessories you need
You can omit the chocolate chips and add dried fruit or any additive you would like. ie: orange zest, cherries etc
Another option I like is to swap 240g of the bakers flour for wholemeal self raising flour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nana’s (Now Mum’s) Welsh Cakes
- Apple and sultana muffins
- Banana Loaf Cafe Style
- Chocolate Peanut butter slice
- Bindy's White Chocolate & Raspberry Mud Cake
- Peanut Butter & Choc Energy Muesli Bars
- Plum Crumble Cake
- Golden Syrup Biscuits
- Choco-caramel slice
- Date and Walnut Loaf
- Variation South African Buttermilk Rusks
- Nutrient boosted banana bread
- Low Sugar Plum Jam or Apricot Jam
- Zucchini Pickle
- Moist & Light Chocolate Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Variation of Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's) For all TM's
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- A Cup of Goodness ~ Smoothie for 2
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Healthy Carrot Cake Biscuits - Dairy Free
- Quick Apricot & Coconut Bliss Balls - Nut & Sugar Free