- 190 g plain all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 20 g white sugar
- 120 g cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 20 g ice water
- 70 g Unsalted butter, softened
- 210 g light brown sugar
- 2 --- large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract/paste
- 60 g light cream
- 120 g currants, can also use raisins or sultanas
Recipe is created for
1. Place flour, salt and white sugar into TM bowl and mill for 8 seconds/speed 9.
2. Add in cold butter. Beat for 5 seconds/speed 5.
3. Add water (ice cold) and mix for 10 seconds/speed 6 or until well combined.
4. Transfer to Thermomat and roll into 1/4" thick. Cut into rounds of 12 cm diameter. Use lots of flour so it doesn't stick. Pastry should feel soft but not wet and sticky. Press into muffin tin and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
1. Put sugar into TM bowl and mill for 8 seconds/speed 9.
2. Add butter and beat for 10 seconds/speed 6.
3. Add eggs, vanilla extract, light cream and mix for 20 seconds/speed 3.
1. Remove tart shells from refrigerator.
2. Put a spoonful of currants at the bottom of tart shells.
3. Fill the unbaked tart shells with the tart filling, until almost full.
4. Bake at 190 degrees Celcius for 15-20 minutes (depends on oven) or until pastry is nicely browned and filling is puffed and set.
5. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool. When completely cooled, remove from muffin tin and serve at room temperature (or can be served chilled). For traditional butter tarts, the filling should be a bit runny.
Accessories you need
A butter tart is a type of small pastry tart highly regarded in Canadian cuisine and considered one of Canada's quintessential desserts.
It is usually a "must have" dessert during Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Lemon Cake
- Passionfruit marshmallow dark chocolate slice.
- Nutty Caramel Bliss Balls
- Cinnamon Scrolls with Caramel Sauce
- GF and DF Orange and chocolate nutty cookies
- Adrian Richards Banana Bread
- Family Chocolate Cake
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- The perfect lemon tart
- Bubblegum Berry gummies
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits