- 60 g walnuts
- 140 g Raisins (or sultanas or currants)
- 300 g carrots, chopped into 4
- 200 g oil grape seed or canola
- 4 --- free range eggs
- 300 g raw sugar or rapadura sugar
- 140 g flour plain
- 140 g Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 500 g icing sugar
- 1 Orange rind
- 250 g cream cheese
Preheat Oven to 160c. Line 2 loaf tins or one large square tin.
Chop nuts if required smaller by placing in TM bowl and chop for 1 second on speed 4. set aside
Place carrots into bowl and grate for 4 seconds on speed 7. set aside
Put oil, eggs, sugar into TM bowl. Mix 5 seconds on speed 7.
Add flours, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and spices. Mix for 5 seconds on speed 5.
Add nuts, carrots, raisins and mix for 5-10 seconds on and speed 2 to blend. Check to see all are incorporated. If not use spatula to incorporate.
Turn into prepared tins and bake for 45mins to 1 hour until skewer comes out clean.
To make icing place orange rind with icing sugar into TM bowl and mix speed 9 for 20 seconds.
Add cream cheese and mix speed 9 for 15-20 seconds until smooth, one can add some milk if icing needs to be thinner.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- The perfect lemon tart
- Bubblegum Berry gummies
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies
- Cowgirl Cookies
- Choc Cranberry Muesli Bars
- Berry Baked Cheesecake
- Ultimate Sponge (Recipe Sandra Walker)
- Clone of Almond Orange Meringue Pud
- Almond Orange Meringue Pud
- Clone of Fruity Pear Mince Tarts - Apple Sugar Free Version
- Cannelloni with Ricotta and Spinach Served with Tomato Sauce
- Roasted Cauliflower Curry
- Roti, Chapati or Wrap
- Dhal (Lentil curry)
- Spiced Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- Blueberry & Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Apricot Chutney
- The perfect lemon tart
- Perfect Chai Latte Mix by Thermosmitten
- Chia Pudding with raspberry coulis
- Sicilian Eggplant Bolognese
- Variation Healthy Apple Crumble
- Lamb Rogan Josh
- Healthy Banana Bread
- Low FODMAP Tomato Relish
- FODMAP friendly all around curry paste
- Hidden Veg Pizza Sauce
- Pickle spice mix
- Janny’s best mashed potato recipe