- 150 g carrots, Cut into pieces
- 155 g sunflower or canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 225 g plain flour, Sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon Bi-Carb Soda (Baking Soda)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 small orange, Zested
- 1 lemon, Zested
- 175 g low fat natural yoghurt
- 100 g brown sugar
- 125 g cream cheese, Softened
- 250 g Icing sugar mixture
- 1 to 2 teaspoon lime juice, To Taste
- 1 lime, Zested
1h 5minPreparation 40minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Place carrot into mixing bowl and insert MC. Mix 4 Sec / Speed 6. Transfer carrot to separate bowl. No need to clean mixing bowl.
3. Add sugar, oil, eggs, flour, Bi-carb soda, cinnamon and salt to mixing bowl. Mix 5 Sec / Speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
4. Add carrot, orange zest, lemon zest and yoghurt to mixing bowl. Mix 10 Sec / "Counter-clockwise operation" / Speed 5.
5. Divide mixture evenly amongst 18 patty pans and bake for 20 - 25 minutes until golden brown and cooked through when tested with a skewer.
6. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
1. Add all Icing Ingredients to mixing bowl and mix 15 Sec / Speed 5.
2. Pipe or spread icing onto cooled cupcakes and serve.
Accessories you need
1. If not a fan of lime substitute this for the juice of the lemon used for the cake batter.
2. These produce a light fluffy cake that rises quite alot during baking.
3. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts or pecans after icing or add them to the cake batter for a bit of crunch if desired.
4. You could make 12 larger cakes in a texas muffin pan if desired. Adjust baking times to suit.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate chips financier
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- Nanaimo Bars (The Queen of)
- Aunty Tara's Banana Pancakes
- Biscoff Knafeh Tarts
- Dairy and Egg FREE Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Lu Lu's Golden Chew
- ANZAC BISCUITS
- Banana and Nutella Bread
- Paleo No Bake Peanut Butter Slice
- Anzac bliss balls- thermosize your life
- Rock cakes