- 80 g white quinoa
- 800 g water
- 350 g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 eggs
- 160 g brown or rapadura sugar
- 190 g olive oil
- 60 g pitted dates, (fresh or dried), chopped (optional)
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line an 18-hole muffin tin with paper or silicone cases.
Place the quinoa into the simmering basket.
Pour the water into the mixing bowl and insert the simmering basket. Cook the quinoa 15-17 min/Varoma/speed 2 or until quinoa is tender. Remove the simmering basket and set aside to drain. Pour the cooking water through the simmering basket to catch any quinoa that has fallen through into the mixing bowl.
- Place the carrots into the mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 7.
- Add the eggs, sugar, olive oil, and dates (optional) to the mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 4.
- Add the reserved quinoa, the flour and spices and mix 6 sec/speed 5 until well combined.
- Divide the mixture among the paper cases and bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the muffins comes out clean. Leave in the tin for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fudgy Paleo Brownie
- Banana Bread
- Easy Chocolate Slice
- Elles Ultimate Chocolate Cake
- Yorkshire Parkin (Gingerbread slice)
- Choc chip biscuits
- Vegan banana pancakes
- Paleo Chocolate Brownies GF
- Fruit ~N~ Nut Granola Bars
- Banana and Strawberry Muffins / Cupcakes / Loaf
- Gevulde speculaas (Dutch spiced biscuit filled with almond paste)
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats