- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 40 g walnuts, (plus extra for decorating)
- 60 g Butter, chopped
- 60 g Coconut sugar, (or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 170 g plain flour
Preheat oven to 180 deg. (fan-forced) and line two baking trays with baking paper
Add carrot to TM bowl and chop for 3 secs / sp 6. Set aside.
Add walnuts to TM bowl and turbo for 1 sec twice. Set aside with carrots.
Add butter and sugar to TM bowl and mix for 20 secs /sp 4. Add vanilla, flour and reserved carrot/walnut mixture and mix 20 secs / sp 4.
Roll teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls and place a few centimetres apart on baking trays. Press a walnut half into the top of each biscuit, gently flattening slightly at the same time. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
These would make a nice treat for kids and a great way to sneak some extra veggies in! I have called them 'bakes' as they are halfway between a cookie and cake.
I used coconut sugar as it is a low-GI sugar alternative, helping fuel busy bodies for longer. For a dairy-free alternative, try replacing the butter with coconut oil. Substituting plain flour for wholemeal would also be a great choice.
NOTE: This recipe is not suitable for kids/adults with nut sensitivities/allergies.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dark Chocolate Anzac Biscuits
- Raspberry White Chocolate Baked Cheesecake
- Christmas Pudding Bliss Balls
- Fig, Cranberry & Pistachio Turkey Roll
- Gluten Free Lemon Chia Slice
- Chocolate Chia Mousse
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 120 Gram Slice
- Rhubarb, Raspberry & White Chocolate Blondies
- Flourless Chocolate Whole Orange Cake
- Strawberries & Cream Shortcake
- Jerusalem Artichoke & Kipfler Soup