- 300 grams full cream milk
- 10 grams dried yeast
- 40 grams raw sugar
- 50 grams Butter
- 5 grams salt
- 500 grams Bakers flour
- 60 grams Butter
- 20 grams Raw/White Sugar
- 20 grams brown sugar
- 1 heaped teaspoon cinnamon
- 65 grams pecan nuts
- 120 grams sultanas
- 150 grams sugar
- 25 grams Boiling water
1. Add milk, yeast, sugar and butter to the bowl, heat 2 min/37 deg/Speed 1.
2. Add flour and salt. Mix 10 sec/Speed 6
3. Knead 2 min//
4. Roll into a ball and place in a greased bowl or Thermomat. Cover and allow to double in size (30 to 40 min)
5. Prepare filling (See below) and set aside.
6. Preheat oven to 180 degrees( fan forced).
7. Divide into 2, keep 1 piece covered while rolling out the other into a 30cm by 20cm rectangle.
8. Using a spatula, spread the filling evenly over the dough.
9. Sprinkle half the chopped nuts and sultanas over the dough.
10. Roll up tightly into a tube and cut into 8 to 10 even portions. (I find a piece of kitchen string works best or an oiled knife).
11. Place portions on a lined baking tray/deep pan pizza tray, a few centimetres apart so that they will end up touching each other after the second proving.
12. Repeat rolling and filling procedure for second piece of dough and place on tray.
13. Cover and allow dough to rise until doubled in size.
14. Bake for 20 to 25 mins or until golden brown. Tops should sound hollow when done.
15. Allow to cool on tray, prepare topping (see below) immediately before use.
16. Pour/brush icing over while still buns and icing are still warm.
1. Place pecans in bowl and pulse /TURBO several times until chopped, remove from bowl and set aside.
2. Place butter (if cold, chopped into 1cm cubes), sugars and cinnamon in bowl and process 10 sec/ Speed 6, scrape down sides and repeat until well combined.
1. Place sugar in bowl, mill 12 sec/ speed 10.
2. Add hot water and mix 15 sec/speed 3.
Accessories you need
Any left overs, I freeze on the day and they defrost beautifully.
If you want a more solid icing to sit on top of the buns, allow buns to cool completely before pouring icing over.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zanzibar Spice Cake
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Best Ever Choc Chip Bikkies
- Mexican Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten free chocolate almond chunk cookies
- Dotty's Melting moments
- Chocy Fruity Bicky Slice
- Malt Slice
- Teenee's Butter Icing
- Simplicity Chocolate Cake
- Whole Orange and Poppyseed Cake
- Variation mango passionfruit baked cheesecake