- 75 g almonds
- 100 g raw sugar
- 100 g Butter
- 175 g Gluten free plain flour
- 1 pinch salt, (optional)
- 1 egg yolk
- 500 g Milk
- 4 eggs
- 50 g Corn Flour (Gluten free)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste, (Or use lemon zest)
- 70 g raw sugar
Mill Almonds and Sugar on speed 10 for 10-20 seconds
Add all other ingredients and blend on speed 6 for approx 10 seconds.
Pastry should resemble a moist paste.
Only if dry and crumbly, add the egg white
Roll Pastry between sheets of baking paper until 5mm thin
Place pastry into tin and prick with a fork.
Put pie-weights or uncooked rice ontop to prevent air bubbles
Bake at 200 degrees for 10-15 minutes
Remove pie weights and top layer of paper and continue baking a further 10 minutes.
Place all custard ingredients in the TM bowl
Cook on speed 4 / 90 degrees / 7 minutes
While Custard is cooking, drain cherries and spread over cooked base
Immediately custard is finished, spread over base.
Place in fridge and cool for several hours before slicing to serve.
Accessories you need
Also works well using pie-apricots instead of cherries.
Usually only tastes better the next day - so you can make ahead!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lentil chocolate chip cookies - gluten free
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Honey Jumble Cake
- LS Spelt Bread
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- ❤Zucchini Slice❤
- ❤Spinach & fetta and pull-apart bread❤
- Tear and share brie, garlic + herb bread wreath
- Tim Tam tarts (or cheesecake)