- 150 g blanched almonds
- 150 g pistachios, shelled
- 240 g raw sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 3-4 drops Green Food Colouring, (optional)
- 110 g flaked almonds
Preheat oven to 190C.
Line a 20x30cm lamington tin with baking paper.
Place blanched almonds and pistachios on a baking tray and roast in oven for 8 minutes, watching to ensure they don't burn. Remove and cool slightly.
Place sugar into mixing bowl and mill 30 seconds / Speed 9. Set icing sugar aside.
Place roasted almonds and pistachios into mixing bowl and grind 3-4 seconds / Speed 7.
Add reserved icing sugar, egg, egg whites and green food colouring (optional). Mix 8 seconds / speed 4 to combine.
Sprinkle half of flaked almonds on base of lined lamington tray. Drop spoonfuls of nut mixture over the flaked almonds and carefully spread mixture. Sprinkle slice with remaining flaked almonds and press them down firmly.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Once slice has cooled in the tray, remove and cut into squares.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- White Nectarine and Elderflower Cocktail
- Blueberry Mojito
- Rockmelon Chiller (Alcoholic Cocktail)
- Chicken & Asparagus Mornay
- Baked Lemon Cheesecake (sugar free)
- Lemon Bliss Balls
- Pumpkin, Zucchini & Almond Loaf (gluten, dairy & sugar free)
- Fruity Beef Curry - Baby or Toddler meal
- Nectarine & Apple Baby Puree
- Trio of Sandwich Fillings
- Savoury Mighty Muffins
- Savoury Halloumi Muffins
- Meat Dumplings
- Fluffy Sweet Caramel Flan
- Traditional Carrot Cake
- Quick "Chocolate" Cake - Gluten Free
- Hong Kong Egg Tart
- Easy Banana Choc Muffins
- Chestnut Swiss Roll
- Best Ever Date Loaf
- Cheese Dreams
- Mumble Slice
- Variation Rice Pudding - recipe adapted to properly mix in the egg!