- This makes about double the quantity of the standard recipe - so use a larger round, square (25 inch) or slab tin.
- 170 g Butter, (can use room temp, however straight from the fridge is fine)
- 4 eggs
- 250 g Milk
- 300 g self raising flour
- 370 g raw sugar
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or extract
- CHOCOLATE GNACHE
- 150 g double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 150 g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
Recipe is created for
Pop it all into the thermomix and stir on speed 6 for 1 minute.
Pour into a pre-prepared tin and bake in the over at 160oC (fan forced oven) or 180oC for normal oven for 1 hour (or accordingly to the size/shape cake tin you use).
1. Add all ingredients to TM bowl. Heat 3 minutes/37°C/Speed 2.
2. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with the spatula and heat again 3 minutes/37°C/Speed 2 until chocolate is melted. Pour over cake and use a knife to smooth the icing over the edges. It will harden when cold.
Fill with whipped cream if desired.
I have posted this recipe from the website //www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=1097.0 by "I Love Bimby". She says:This is a conversion of my favorite chocolate cake. It's lighter than the "Too Easy Chocolate Cake" in Everyday Cookbook, and makes about double the quantity. And just as easy:
As a thermomix consultant in Hobart I am extremely impressed with this cake. As a birthday cake, for morning tea or a family treat it is sooo easy and quick to prepare with great texture and taste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.