- 6 eggs
- 130 gram caster sugar
- 50 gram Corn Flour
- 75 gram plain flour
- 50 gram Self Raising Flour
- 160 gram Desiccated Coconut, (for coating later)
- 250 gram dark chocolate
- 90 gram cream
- 1 square baking tray, (deep, 23cm Sq)
- 1-2 Wire racks, (for cooling)
- 2 Shallow dishes, (for ganache and for coconut)
1h 0minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven 180C. Line a 23cm square deep baking pan.
Place butterfly in TM, place eggs in and whip at 2min/speed 4. Gradually add in caster sugar.
Sift all flours, add it to the wet ingredients in your TM and 8secs/ reverse speed 3. Take our your TM bowl and use your spatular to gently fold lightly to ensure flour is mixed in (don't over do this step!)
Pour and spread mixture into baking pan. Bake for approx 30mins. (You can check to see if it's done by inserting a metal skewer - if it appears doughy then bake for a further 5 mins.)
Once lamington cake is baked, lift it out of the tin and let it cool on a wire rack. Once cooled, cut into 9 large cubes (or more/smaller if desired).
Clean TM bowl in preparation for chocolate ganache.
Break chocolate into small pieces and chop 8 secs/speed 8.
Add 90g cream. Set 2mins/50C/Speed 4. (If ganache appears too thick, add in a tablespoon of cream at a time until desired consistency and stir with spatula)
Transfer ganache to shallow dish.
Put your desiccated coconut into a separate shallow dish next to your chocolate ganache dish.
Using a skewer and a fork, carefully place your lamington cake in the chocolate ganache to coat the surface of each side. Then quickly place it on the dish with the coconut and sprinkle it with coconut on all sides until all sides are coated.
Place your coated lamington on a wire rack and repeat with each lamington cube. Enjoy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- BEST EVER RICH CHRISTMAS CAKE
- DRIED APRICOT SLICE
- Gluten Free Yo Yo's
- Lemon sprinkle cookies
- Pumpkin & Cranberry Cookies (Sugar free)
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)
- Streusal Berry Muffins
- Kiwi Biscuits
- Jakel's Moreish Caramel Mud Cake
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- Easy vegan chocolate avocado mousse
- Chai frappe with Irish cream
- Layelles too easy Caramilk Tart
- Spring time spinach cob loaf
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Layelle’s too easy chocolate tart
- Pot set yoghurt