- 200 g caster sugar
- 100 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 4 egg whites
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- whipping cream, to serve
- Fresh or Frozen Berries, to serve
Recipe is created for
Place caster sugar into mixing bowl and mill 20 sec/speed 10. Transfer into small bowl and set aside.
Place chocolate into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Melt 2 min/37°C/speed. Transfer into a small bowl and set aside. Thoroughly clean and dry mixing bowl.
Preheat oven to 120°C. Line a baking tray (30 x 40 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
Insert Butterfly. Place egg whites, cream of tartar and salt into mixing bowl and whip 2-3 min/70°C/speed 3.
Add vanilla and mix 2 min/70°C/speed 3, slowly adding reserved caster sugar through hole in mixing bowl lid.
Further whip 5 min/70ºC/speed 3.
Remove Butterfly. Add melted chocolate and with aid of spatula, swirl through meringue. Place dollops of meringe onto prepared tray (this should make around 20 medium individual meringues).
Bake (120°C) for 15 minutes. Turn oven off and leave to cool in oven.
Serve with whipped cream and berries.
Accessories you need
Ensure you use a good quality dark chocolate.
Other users also liked...
- Sicilian Orange Cake
- The best Brownie Recipe
- Quince conserve
- Toasted Granola
- Carob choc chip Banana Muffins
- Mini Apple & Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Sugar Cookies
- Mini Muesli Bars (gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Boobie Biscuits
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- American Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Variation Banana Muffins
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles