- 200 g caster sugar
- 100 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 4 egg whites
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- whipping cream, to serve
- Fresh or Frozen Berries, to serve
8Recipe is created for
Place caster sugar into mixing bowl and mill 20 sec/speed 10. Transfer into small bowl and set aside.
Place chocolate into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Melt 2 min/37°C/speed . Transfer into a small bowl and set aside. Thoroughly clean and dry mixing bowl.
Preheat oven to 120°C. Line a baking tray (30 x 40 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
Insert Butterfly. Place egg whites, cream of tartar and salt into mixing bowl and whip 2-3 min/70°C/speed 3.
Add vanilla and mix 2 min/70°C/speed 3, slowly adding reserved caster sugar through hole in mixing bowl lid.
Further whip 5 min/70ºC/speed 3.
Remove Butterfly. Add melted chocolate and with aid of spatula, swirl through meringue. Place dollops of meringe onto prepared tray (this should make around 20 medium individual meringues).
Bake (120°C) for 15 minutes. Turn oven off and leave to cool in oven.
Serve with whipped cream and berries.
Ensure you use a good quality dark chocolate.
Other users also liked...
- Chewy Almond Biscuits
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Yogurt scones
- 30 Second Lemon Cupcakes
- Double choc apricot muffins
- Chocolate Brownies (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo)
- 20sec scones
- Strawberry Balls
- Madeira Cake
- Egg, Nut & Dairy Free Cupcakes! School Friendly!
- Strawberry Vanilla cake with strawberry coulis
- Strawberry Choc Cheesecake
- Steamed chicken breast, fresh ground polenta, pumpkin foam
- Pad see ew
- Beef and three-vegetable puree
- Pork Belly Ramen
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- MULLED CIDER
- Beef cobbler with polenta dumplings
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Butternut and bacon macaroni cheese
- Tuscan bean soup
- Chicken tikka masala
- Parsley Oil