- 200 g raw whole almonds
- 1 orange
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg ground
- 1 tsp Vanilla paste or extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground
- 3 eggs
- 50 g raw walnuts
- 600 g dried fruits of your choice - apricots, cherries, cranberries, currents, dates, figs, ginger, mixed peel, prunes, raisins
1h 55minPreparation 25minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 150 deg C. Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin.
2. Place almonds into mixing bowl and grind 8 sec/speed 7 and set aside.
3. Add rind of orange to mixing bowl and grind 9 sec/speed 8.
4. Scrape down sides of bowl and add juice of the orange, olive oil, nutmeg, vanilla, cinnamon, and eggs, mix 5 sec/speed 5.
5. Scrape down sides of bowl, add reserved almonds and walnuts, mix 5 sec//speed 5.
6. Add fruits of your choice and mix 5 sec//speed 5.
7. Turn out into prepared pan, smoothing the top.
8. Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes. Check with a skewer to see if it comes out clean, if not bake for another 30 minutes. Cover the top with foil or baking paper to prevent burning if necessary.
9. When completely cold wrap in baking paper and foil, keeps in fridge for up to six weeks.
10. Slice and enjoy.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apricot delight
- Lemon Drop Cookies (no sugar | egg yolk cookies)
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- Pineapple, Mango & Coconut Cookies (no sugar)
- CWA Afghan Biscuits
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Gluten free Honey & Chocolate chip cookies (egg free and dairy free options)
- Raspberry and lemon curd cake
- Dotty’s favourite Light fruit cake
- Peanut Butter Twix Bars
- Pear & Ginger Cookies (no sugar)
- Sticky Cinnamon Scrolls