- 2 tablespoons Of each Rum, Brandy, Port
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon Angostura Bitters
- 1 teaspoon Of each ground cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, ginger1
- 2 heaped tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 100 grams Of each apricots, dates, prunes, 300 total
- 150 grams Mixed sultanas & raisins
- 50 grams Mixed Nuts
- 125 grams Room temperature butter
- 125 grams brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Paste
- 125 grams Self Raising Flour
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add liquids, spices & vanilla sugar to a large bowl. See aside.
Place prunes in TM bowl. Chop on speed 9/2 seconds. Add to spice mix bowl.
Place apricots in TM bowl. Chop on speed 9/3 seconds. Add to spice mix bowl.
Place dates in TM bowl. Chop on speed 9/3 seconds. Add to spice mix bowl.
Place spice bowl on top of TM bowl weigh in 150 grams or sultanas & raisins. Mix well, set aside in fridge for a week to soak.
Add nuts to TM bowl. Chop on speed 9/3 seconds. Or longer if you want them finer. Then set aside.
Add room temp butter, eggs & sugar to TM bowl. Mix speed 4/1min or until combined.
Add fruit mix with spatula. Then mix speed 2/20seconds reverse.
Add flour mix with spatula. Then mix speed 2/20 seconds reverse. Mix again with spatula until combined.
Add to baking tin. Bake at 140 for 1.5 hours. Reduce temp to 100 and bake for 20 more minutes.
Leave cake in tin to cool, then remove from tin, slice and enjoy!!
Accessories you need
I use GF flour to make this a lovely gluten free Christmas cake.
If you have cherry brandy, use that instead of brandy.
Change the fruit to suit you
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken Paella
- Lamb Saag Curry (FODMAP friendly)
- Apple, Pear and Strawberry Purée - ThermieBub
- Strawberry and Banana Purée - ThermieBub
- Carrot and Zucchini Purée - ThermieBub
- Pumpkin Purée - ThermieBub
- Mango mousse
- Quinoa and Salmon Pumpkin Salad
- Glucose Syrup
- Ice peach tea syrup
- Seitan (vegan mock meat) with crumb mix and gravy
- vegan mac and cheese (veganhuggs)