- 150 gram plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 100 gram Butter, softened
- 160 gram brown sugar
- 2 Eggs, Large
- 3 tablespoon sour cream
- 80 gram Boiling water
- 80 gram dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- royal icing, for decoration
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Put chocolate and coffee into a bowl and pour over boiling water. Give a gentle stir and allow to sit whilst you proceed with the recipe. This lets the chocolate melt gently and infuse with the coffee.
Weigh out flour, salt, baking powder, bicarb and mixed spice and set aside.
2. Put soft butter and sugar into TMX bowl and mix on speed 4 for 10 seconds. Scrape sides and mix speed 4 for 5 seconds.
3. Add 1 egg at a time mixing on speed 3 for 15 seconds after each addition.
4. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture and 1 tablespoon of sour cream and mix on speed 3 for 10 seconds. Repeat twice more, scraping sides between each addition.
5. Give chocolate mixture a stir and with TMX running on Speed 3 pour through the lid then allow to mix for 30 seconds.
6. Line two muffin trays with cupcake papers and scoop a heaping dessert spoon into each hole.
Bake in a preheated 200 degree celsius oven for 20 minutes until cooked through but still dense. Leave to cool in tin for 5 minutes then finish cooling on rack.
Ice with white royal icing and spearmint leaves and red M&Ms.
Whilst I would love to take the credit for this amazing recipe, I can't. All credit goes to Nigella Lawson - I have simply converted it to be made in the Thermomix. Hope you love it as much as I do.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.