- 200 grams sugar, (icing)
- lemon juice
- dried cranberries
- pistachio nuts, (chopped)
- 300 grams plain flour, sifted
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1.0 pinch salt
- 75 grams brown sugar, (or Muscovado Sugar)
- 250 grams Fruit Mince (Shop Bought or Home Made)
- 300 grams buttermilk
- 80 grams oil, (Vegetable or Sunflower)
- 1 egg
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
Weigh Sugar & mill into Icing Sugar, 20 sec / speed 10 - set aside
Place Pistachio Nuts in mixing bowl & Turbo 0.5 seconds, until chopped - set aside
Preheat oven to 180'. Line a mini muffin pan (24 holes) with small paper muffin cases.
Place Flour, Baking Powder, Cinnamon and Pinch Salt into mixing bowl. Sift all ingredients into a seperate bowl.
Place seperate bowl on top of mixing bowl and add Brown Sugar. Set aside.
Place Buttermilk, Oil and Egg into mixing bowl and mix 5 sec / speed 4.
Place Fruit Mince into mixing bowl and mix 2 sec / / speed 2
Place Dry Ingredients into mixing bowl and mix 5 sec / / speed 3 until just combined.
Fill each muffin case with the mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
Allow muffins to cool for 10 minutes before removing from muffin tray and allow to cool completely.
Add enough Lemon Juice to the Icing Sugar to form a soft icing and drizzle over the muffins.
Decorate Muffins with Dried Cranberries and Pistachio Nuts.
Accessories you need
Start your Christmas morning with an indulgent muffin and enjoy with homemade Egg Nog.
Recipe converted from delicious - January 2003
Narelle Datson - Consultant SA
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate LCM bars - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free
- Lemon Slice
- Orange & poppyseed muffins
- Quick Milo Muffins
- Quick & Easy Blueberry Cake
- Breakfast Bliss
- Mel's Oat and Coconut Bars
- Best South African Milktart (Melktert)
- Vegan Banana Bread
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake
- 2-4-6-8 Cake (or Muffins)
- Power Protein Balls
- Pork apple & fennel meatloaf
- Tomato, lentil and fish dahl
- Broccoli, Cauli and Zucchini Soup
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Caribbean Vegan Potato and Chickpea Curry
- Classic Satay Sauce
- Pad see ew
- Chicken Wing & Vege Soup
- Cauliflower Fried rice - egg free, Vegan, Simple
- Lemon Slice
- Apple & Onion Parcels
- GF vegan buckwheat bread