- 55 grams Butter
- 20 grams honey
- 1 egg
- 110 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 280 grams plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 320 grams Milk
- 20 grams cornflour
- 230 grams Unsalted butter, softened
- 230 grams icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, sherry or rum
- 4 tablespoons raspberry jam
1. Melt the butter 60 C, 2 1/2 minutes sp 3.
2. Add the honey, egg, sugar and bicarb soda and mix for 5 secs, sp 4.
3. Heat 60 C, 2 minutes sp 1 till mixture is frothy
4. Cool 5 minutes
5. Add the flour and salt, and knead 30 sec, scraping down side of bowl halfway through the time
6. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Roll each out between 2 sheets of baking paper to a rectangle 22 x 18 cm. (I roll out one and put it into the oven, and then roll out the next while the previous one is baking)
7. Place on a baking tray,leaving the baking paper on the base. Bake each portion at 180 C (fan forced) 190 C (non fan forced) for 3 - 5 mins only until golden coloured.
8. Place on rack to cool while preparing filing.
1. Make a blancmange by placing the milk and cornflour into cleaned bowl and cook 6 mins, 90 C sp 4.
2. Set aside to cool for 30 mins
3. Cream softened butter, icing sugar, egg yolk and essence or sherry/rum for 1 minute, sp 5, scraping down the sides of the bowl once during the time.
4, Add the cooled blancmange and mix 20 sec sp 5.
1. Trim each piece of pastry with sharp knife to equal size. Spread each layer with one tablesp of the raspberry jam, then a quarter of the cream filling placing each layer on top of each other, Finish with cream filling and sprinkle with drinking chocolate or finely grated chocoloate.
2. Leave for at least 24 hours for layers to soften and flavours to incorporate.
3, Cut into 16 pieces and enjoy.
Accessories you need
This is a special occasion/celebration cake. This family favourite has been made for weddings, significant birthdays and graduations.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zanzibar Spice Cake
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Best Ever Choc Chip Bikkies
- Mexican Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten free chocolate almond chunk cookies
- Dotty's Melting moments
- Chocy Fruity Bicky Slice
- Malt Slice
- Teenee's Butter Icing
- Simplicity Chocolate Cake
- Whole Orange and Poppyseed Cake
- Variation mango passionfruit baked cheesecake
- Beef hotpot
- Christmas panettone pudding
- Lemon biscottini
- Super moist chocolate cake (gluten and dairy free and no added sugar)
- Moist chocolate beetroot cake
- Middle eastern syrup cupcakes
- Malteser cupcakes
- Cheesecake brownies
- Buttermilk sorbet
- Chocolate and pear cake
- Peanut butter and dark chocolate cookies
- Ricotta gnocchi with tomato sauce