- 200 grams dark chocolate (70%)
- 100 grams sour cream
- 250 grams cooked, drained chickpeas (1 tin)
- 30 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 120 grams jam (I used raspberry)
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 70 grams walnuts
- (unsweetened) cocoa powder for dusting
Don't let the presence of chickpeas put you off, they keep the brownies moist and mousse-like, yet firm, cutting out the needed flour
Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin (or something similar).
this recipe was adapted from the April 2011 edition of the 'Healthsmart' magazine
Grate the chocolate (broken in pieces) 8 sec on speed 8, then melt it for 3mins, 30 sec on 50 degrees, speed 3 (this may vary depending on the brand of chocolate). Check half way through that no chocolate got stuck on top of the blades.
While the chocolate is melting, get all your other ingredients ready as you should add them all rather quickly, so the melted chocolate doesn't set again during the mixing process
Add all the other ingredients except walnuts (quickly!) and process around 30 seconds on speed 5 (with aid of the spatula).
Add walnuts and mix though for a few seconds on reverse, again, you might have to use your spatula
Pour mixture into the greaed and lined tin and bake it in the oven for 30-40 mins until the brownies are just set.
Remove from the oven and set aside to cool in the pan completely before cutting into 16 squares and dusting them with cocoa powder
If you are on facebook, you can find me there...'Nina's Cooking Adventures'!
you could omit the walnuts and add frozen raspberries instead
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Date, Walnut and Ginger Loaf
- Budget Brownie
- Chocolate LCM bars - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free
- Lemon Slice
- Orange & poppyseed muffins
- Quick Milo Muffins
- Quick & Easy Blueberry Cake
- Breakfast Bliss
- Mel's Oat and Coconut Bars
- Best South African Milktart (Melktert)
- Vegan Banana Bread
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake
- Chow Mein by Thermobelistic
- Chicken, Vegetables and Olives
- Farmhouse Butter
- Hot and Smooth Chilli Sauce
- Pizza pasta salad
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Creamy spinach and mushroom pasta
- Mediterranean Carrot Fritters
- Pork apple & fennel meatloaf
- Broccoli, Cauli and Zucchini Soup
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Caribbean Vegan Potato and Chickpea Curry