- 240 g pitted dates
- 250 g water
- 2 eggs
- 250 g rolled oats
- 130 g plain flour
- 100 g walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 200 g dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Line a rectangular slice tray with baking paper.
3. Blend together 120g dates and 250g water 5 sec/sp 6. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat. Add eggs and blend 3 sec/sp 3. Set aside.
4. Without washing the bowl, chop remaining dates 6 sec/sp 6. Set aside.
5. Chop walnuts 5 sec/sp 4. Combine oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and remaining dates 3 sec/ sp 4. Add date and egg mixture and mix 10 sec/sp 4.
6. Spread into baking tray, levelling with a wet knife. Bake for 15 mins, or until golden. Allow to cool in the tray.
7. Melt chocolate and spread over the top of the slice. Cut into 48 even pieces.
Accessories you need
Could also be made gluten free by replacing the flour with coconut flour, and substituting the oats with corn, brown rice, quinoa or millet, or a mixture of the grains.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Simple sausage rolls
- Sticky Date Slice
- Veggie Fritters
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Pickled Beetroot
- My mum’s Mauritian Poutou
- All Green Stock Powder
- Super Easy Waffles
- Peanut Satay Chicken