- 60 g walnuts
- 140 g pitted dates
- 250 g water
- 30 g Butter
- 2 large bananas
- 160 g wholemeal flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Bi-carb soda
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Pre-heat oven to 165 degrees. Grease and line a loaf tin (22 x 12 x 6cm) and set aside.
Chop walnuts for 3 seconds, speed 6. Remove and set aside.
Chop dates for 10 seconds, speed 8.
Add water and butter to the dates in the bowl. Heat for 3 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2.
Add banana to the bowl and mash for 3 seconds, speed 6.
Add all other ingredients, including chopped walnuts, to the bowl and mix for 10 seconds, speed 6.
Scrap down sides and mix for 3 seconds, speed 6.
Pour mixture into prepared loaf tin and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. Allow to rest in tin for 20 minutes before turning out.
Accessories you need
A great healthy snack for children and adults alike.
Serve with butter if desired.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chewy Almond Biscuits
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Yogurt scones
- 30 Second Lemon Cupcakes
- Double choc apricot muffins
- Chocolate Brownies (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo)
- 20sec scones
- Strawberry Balls
- Madeira Cake
- Egg, Nut & Dairy Free Cupcakes! School Friendly!
- Strawberry Vanilla cake with strawberry coulis
- Strawberry Choc Cheesecake
- Cheese Sticks with a twist
- Best Ever Creamy Tomato & Bacon Soup
- Black Forest Scrolls
- Creole Style Jambalaya
- Easy Apple Cake
- Virgin Lychee Sorbet Cocktail adapted from festive class
- Dairy Free Peanut Butter Custard
- No Knead Sourdough
- Squid Ink Bread
- Multigrain Bread
- Moroccan Vegiful Quinoa Salad
- Peppermint Slice