- 300 grams of plain flour
- 100 grams of rapadura
- 100 grams of coconut sugar
- 45 grams of cacao, or cocoa
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoons of baking soda
- 230 grams of milk
- 120 grams of melted butter, *not boiling*
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla bean paste, *or essence*
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 270 grams of icing sugar
- 30 grams of cacao, or cocoa
- 150 grams of softened butter
- 1.5 Tablespoons of milk
-Preheat oven to 170 degrees fan forced.
-Spray and line 2 cake tins.
-Place all dry ingredients into TM bowl speed 7 / 20 seconds.
-Add wet ingredients speed 5 / 20 seconds.
-Add the boiling water, carefully, mix till combined, then mix on speed 8 / 1 minute.
-Pour mixture evenly into the 2 prepared cake tins.
-Place tins in oven for 35-45 minutes. Or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
-Let cakes cool in tins for 5 minutes before turning out on to a wire rack.
-to make the icing, place all ingredients in TM bowl speed 8 / 20 seconds. Scrape bowl and repeat if necessary.
You can replace the rapadura and coconut sugars with white sugars. I just prefer using unrefined sugars.
This recipe makes 2 cakes that you can sandwich together with the icing
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Applesauce muffins
- Thermo Cazza's Crumble Mixture
- Layelles Too Easy Moist Date & Coconut Loaf
- Pancake\Scone slice
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free Cupcakes
- Tweaked version of Edna's Lemon Curd Teacake
- White Chocolate and Macadamia Cookies
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake
- Passionfruit Yogurt cake
- 'Cafe Style' Carrot Cake
- Chocolate Chipless Biscuits
- Margaret fultons choc chip cookies