- 1 tablespoons dried instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 375 grams Milk
- 635 grams plain flour
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 50 grams unsalted butter
- 1 piece egg
- 240 grams sultanas
- 55 grams mixed peel, optional
- 75 grams plain flour
- 80 grams water
- 1 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons Gelatine powder
- 110 grams caster sugar
- 60 grams water
30h 30minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place yeast, sugarand milk in mixing bowl and heat 3min/37°C/speed 1
- Add the Flour, Mixed Spice, Cinnamon, Butter, Egg and combine 6 sec/speed 7, then knead 3 min/
- Add Sultanas and mixed peel (optional) and mix 10 sec//speed 5
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a clean, damp cloth and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Divide the dough into 12 pieces and roll into balls. Arrange the dough balls in a lightly greased 22cm square cake tin lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Cover with a damp cloth and set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes or until risen.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Place the extra flour and the water in the mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 4
- Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl and mix 20 sec/speed 4
- Place in a piping bag or a plastic bag with one corner snipped off, and pipe crosses on the buns.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes or until golden and springy to touch.
- While the hot cross buns are baking, make the glaze. Place the water in a small bowl and sprinkle over the gelatine. Set aside for 1–2 minutes or until the gelatine is dissolved. Set aside.
- Place the sugar and extra water in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved. Use a wet pastry brush to remove any sugar crystals on the side of the pan.
- Add the gelatin mixture and cook for 1–2 minutes or until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Brush with the warm glaze while the buns are still hot.
Melting the butter may help it combine more evenly
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cinnamon Scrolls with Caramel Sauce
- GF and DF Orange and chocolate nutty cookies
- Adrian Richards Banana Bread
- Family Chocolate Cake
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- The perfect lemon tart
- Bubblegum Berry gummies
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies