- 2 granny smith apples, quartered, cored (skin on)
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin purée, OR 1 carrot quartered
- 2 eggs, (I used XL large eggs)
- 50 grams coconut oil, melted, (can substitute vegetable oil if you don&amp;amp;#039;t have coconut oil)
- 50 grams raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 150 grams Wholemeal Self Raising Flour, (or white self raising flour is fine too)
- 60 gram rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 grams Saltanas, (optional- or substitute with other dried fruit)
8Recipe is created for
These came about when stuck at home without my car, having very little food left to feed the troops because it was well past shopping day! Almost all items in this recipe have a substitute! Perfect for "working with what you've got"!
This will make 12 high-rise muffins or approx 15 "flat"/ smaller muffins.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celius, and oil muffin pan with coconut oil (or use muffin cases)
2. Place apples and pumpkin (or carrot) into bowl and chop 5 seconds/ speed 5.
3. Scrape down bowl, and chop for an additional 3 seconds/ speed 5.
4. Add eggs, sugar and cinnamon, mix 6 seconds/ speed 3.
5. Add coconut oil, turn back on quickly (so oil doesn't solidify) for 8 seconds/ speed 3.
6. Add oats, flour and baking powder to bowl and mix 5 seconds/ speed 3.
7. Add saltanas and mix on Reverse 25 seconds/ speed 3, until well incorported.
8. Divide batter into either 12 (for larger) or 15 (for flatter) muffin holes, and bake for approx 15 minutes (depending on your oven), until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
9. Turn out onto wire rack to cool. They are very yummy warm, and can be frozen for later!
Easy apple and hidden veggie muffins with countless variation options!
Using pumpkin puree gives them a naturally sweeter taste, you can lower amount of sugar added or even leave out completely when you use pumpkin puree
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate zucchini cake
- Kids Bubble cups
- Chocolate, chia & ginger cookies
- Peppermint Bliss Balls
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Chocolate and mixed berry muffins
- Super simple Cheesecake squares
- Go-to Lunch Box Choc Chip Banana Muffins
- Gluten Free Old Fashioned Sultana Biscuits