- 30 g Butter
- 80 g honey
- 380 g buttermilk (or regular milk & 1 tbsp vinegar)
- 280 g SR flour
Recipe is created for
1. Melt butter, 70C / 1 min / sp 2. Add honey & 250g buttermilk & beat 20 sec / sp5.
2. Add flour & remaining buttermilk, mix for 20 sec / sp4, or until a smooth batter is formed. Cook as per regular pikelets.
This recipe came about as my daughters Kindy had to go egg & nut free due to allergies. This is just adapted from my original pikelet recipe, and the end result tastes exactly the same, and is light and fluffy. This recipe would be easy to make gluten free by replacing the flour with gluten free flour, and dairy free by replacing the buttermilk and butter with rice or nut milk and oil. I can only assume that these will freeze just as well as my original recipe, making them great for an easy lunchbox treat with a little homemade sugar free jam.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies
- Cowgirl Cookies
- Choc Cranberry Muesli Bars
- Berry Baked Cheesecake
- Ultimate Sponge (Recipe Sandra Walker)
- Choc Weetbix Bliss Balls
- Decadent Chocolate Chip Biscuits
- Blackberry Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins