- 1/2 orange, cut in half, seeds removed.
- 6 tablespoon orange juice, Use the other half of the orange for this ;)
- 2 level tablespoons chia seeds, soaked in juice
- 1 teaspoon Orgran No Egg Replacer, I put this in as a safeguard, but it would probably work without.
- 50 g neutral flavoured oil
- 100 g Caster Sugar (or milled from raw)
- 150 g Self Raising Flour
Prepare Chia Gel
Soak the chia seeds in the juice from half of the orange.
There should be around 6 tablespoons of liquid for this.
If there isn't enough juice, use water to bring the liquid up to this amount. Stir to make sure all the seeds are wet.
Let sit for 10 minutes so the chia seeds make a gel.
Preheat oven to 170 degrees fan forced.
Grease and flour small cake pan, or prepare cupcake patty pans.
Put half the orange and all the sugar into thermomix bowl and blitz 7 sec, speed 8.
Add the remaining ingredients (flour, chia gel, egg replacer, oil). Mix 20 sec, speed 5.
Put mixture in tin and cook for around 30 minutes for a cake or 15 minutes for cupcakes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cinnamon Scrolls with Caramel Sauce
- GF and DF Orange and chocolate nutty cookies
- Adrian Richards Banana Bread
- Family Chocolate Cake
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- The perfect lemon tart
- Bubblegum Berry gummies
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies